2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Blazer Door Locks/RKE

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 05:00 PM
2000BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer Door Locks/RKE

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum and just purchased a 2000 Chevy Blazer LS 4 door model, i'm having some issues and have tried the search feature also to narrow things down so these are my problems.

1) - When i bought the vehicle the power doors locks would automatically lock when i put the vehicle in drive and drive off - now they do not do that at all

2) - My vehicle did not come with RKE in it and i went to a U Pull it junkyard and got a RF transmitter from a Blazer that had RKE since it was located under the drivers side hush panel behind the Computer plug .. I plugged the unit in after purchasing a new Key Fob for my year Blazer .. Tried the programming instructions and the vehicle ( will not go into Program Mode )

I purchased my keyfob for my Blazer at the Stealership and they even tried to program it ... Nothing ... The tech could not get the locks to enter into the program mode

So now what do i look for to try to fix my problams im having .. Your help will be greatly appriciated.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Both of these issues have been covered in detail. Just have to figure out what they are actually called.

The auto-locking doors is a programmable feature on your truck that can be changed. The feature itself is called rolling locks. The procedure should pop up through search using "rolling+locks" as the search term without the quotes. In the 2002+ trucks, this is a user programmable feature, but I believe that it is only a Tech2 modifiable option for the 99-01...

To get the RKE to work, you have to get your BCM programmed to communicate with the RKE module. The dealership is your only choice here as well.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:08 PM

swartlkk

Thanks for the reply ... i did go to the dealership and they tried to program my keyfob using the tech scan tool ... they are the ones who told me they couldnt get the door locks to go into program mode to program it ... so now im kinda stumped as what to do

Old 11-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm talking about programming completely separate from key fob programming. If your truck did not come with RKE from the factory, the BCM is not programmed to recognize the RKE receiver. To program the BCM for RKE, the dealership must have a comparable VIN that had the same features as your truck plus RKE (and perhaps other options).

Another member wrote up a pretty good thread about this, but I don't have the time to search for it.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 PM

swartlkk

ok i think i got what your saying ... i have to go back to the junkyard and get the VIN number off the Blazer i got the RKE transmitter from to have it programmed into my BCM to make the keyfob work correctly