2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2004 4x4 4 door blazer problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 04:49 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

I could not download the movie, its a massive file.

I would have stuck with you all the way through your problem until you were fixed completely if you wanted me to but I am the analytical guy that figures out the problem through proper analysis to save time and money and avoid the parts cannon. You have not been answering some of my basic questions so I can't help you find outs what's wrong. No harm no foul, your not obligated to follow my approach and there are many here who might be a better fit. I'll give you some thoughts and then I am sure that others will chime in to help you:

Take your truck back to the AC guy, sounds like you have a cycling compressor which may be low on refrigerant or have a bad switch

The AC now running probably aggravated a marginal cooling situation. Make sure you are properly bled, have a working thermostat and test the fan if its a clutch, a slipping belt if hard drive, running at speed if electric.

Still got cooling problems, consider replacing the radiator or a more aggressive flush if you had the dreaded Dexecool/green stuff gunk.

A surging engine is unsafe and perhaps beyond your capability so you might want to consider a mechanic. That will be hard to diagnosis without a scanner. I am not going to guess on this one because someone could get hurt.

Good luck, I hope you get back on the road.

George

Old 04-07-2021, 10:47 AM
Beginning Member
Metalmaniac is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GeorgeLG
I could not download the movie, its a massive file.

I would have stuck with you all the way through your problem until you were fixed completely if you wanted me to but I am the analytical guy that figures out the problem through proper analysis to save time and money and avoid the parts cannon. You have not been answering some of my basic questions so I can't help you find outs what's wrong. No harm no foul, your not obligated to follow my approach and there are many here who might be a better fit. I'll give you some thoughts and then I am sure that others will chime in to help you:

Take your truck back to the AC guy, sounds like you have a cycling compressor which may be low on refrigerant or have a bad switch

The AC now running probably aggravated a marginal cooling situation. Make sure you are properly bled, have a working thermostat and test the fan if its a clutch, a slipping belt if hard drive, running at speed if electric.

Still got cooling problems, consider replacing the radiator or a more aggressive flush if you had the dreaded Dexecool/green stuff gunk.

A surging engine is unsafe and perhaps beyond your capability so you might want to consider a mechanic. That will be hard to diagnosis without a scanner. I am not going to guess on this one because someone could get hurt.

Good luck, I hope you get back on the road.

George
okay. So you are telling me that I do not need the dexcool stuff? Which fluid should I get then?