2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

#4 fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 PM
janicevet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default #4 fuse keeps blowing

I have a 95 4WD blazer that the #4 fuse keeps blowing. The alternator was just changed. It will run for a short while but then the fuse blows and it usually will die shortly after. To start it I have to usually jump the truck and switch the fuse. It chugs hard to start up. I tried unplugging the 4WD Indicator light but the fuse still blew this afternoon. I am at wits end and have no clue what to try. Any help would be appreciated!!

Old 01-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: #4 fuse keeps blowing

Saving me from having to look up your fuse panel schematic, can you please state what fuse #4 powers...?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:02 PM
janicevet is an unknown quantity at this point

Alternator Field, VTC, A/C Compressor Relay, Cluster
Chime Module, DRL Relay Coil, Four-wheel Drive
Indictor Lamp, DRL Module, Rear Defog Timer, TCCM
Ignition, SIR Redundant Ignition, RKE Ignition

Hope that helps thanks!!

Old 01-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok then... I dug up the wiring diagram for this fuse. This is the gauges fuse, but is tied in with a lot of things that aren't really related to gauges as you have stated.

Have you done any modifications or additions to the wiring recently?

Attached you will find the schematic. Best advice I can give is to unplug each of the components, then plug them in one at a time. You may want to get a resetable circuit breaker for testing purposes. Most autoparts stores have a circuit tester that will perform this function. That way you don't go through 30 fuses! If, after unpugging all of the components, the fuse still blows, its a wiring problem. From there, its an exersize in patience as you work through the wiring trying to find the fault. If you find a module that causes the fuse to blow, then you have found a problem component, but do not stop there, test them all as more than one can be contributing.

I wish I could give you the locations of each of these components, but my references do not list most of them...

[IMG]local://upfiles/667/0FBBEEE9ABBF4F4CA9E396756BE65564.gif[/IMG]