2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98’ blazer worked fine parked it for ten min start it and drive and nothing but first

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 12:20 AM
Starting Member
Iwillwin is on a distinguished road
Default 98’ blazer worked fine parked it for ten min start it and drive and nothing but first

I brought my son to school I was on my way home stopped at the store turn the truck off turn the truck on and when I went to drive now all of sudden I have nothing but first gear as fast as I could go is 40 miles an hour And that is pretty much maxing out my RPM meter There’s transmission fluid in it so that’s not a problem it is clean all the fluids are fine what happened someone please give me your insight

Old 09-27-2019, 06:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you still have reverse?

Since you state that your speed maxes out at around 40mph, I assume that your speedometer is working which means that your VSS is working. A malfunctioning VSS could cause the transmission to not shift out of 1st gear.

It is possible that the Shift Solenoid B has failed. This can be replaced with only dropping the transmission oil pan. There are a few other things that it could be as well so proper diagnosis should be done to confirm the true problem.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Starting Member
Iwillwin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Do you still have reverse?

Since you state that your speed maxes out at around 40mph, I assume that your speedometer is working which means that your VSS is working. A malfunctioning VSS could cause the transmission to not shift out of 1st gear.

It is possible that the Shift Solenoid B has failed. This can be replaced with only dropping the transmission oil pan. There are a few other things that it could be as well so proper diagnosis should be done to confirm the true problem.
Thank you for your input I greatly appreciate it thank you