2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

About fog lights Chevy Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009 | 02:11 PM
|
Beginning Member
ebornand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About fog lights Chevy Blazer

Dear, I am installing fog lights a 2001 Chevy Blazer with switch original, but I doubt if the BCM will capture the signal from the fog lights. So far I have not worked.
Anybody can help me?

Old 05-20-2009 | 02:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you want them to work like factory, you will have to have the BCM programmed for the fog light option.

Otherwise, you can just wire them up to a relay and install another switch in the dash to turn them on.

Old 05-20-2009 | 03:57 PM
|
Beginning Member

OK, What is the solution to leave the switch to light the original fog but independent of the BCM?

Old 05-20-2009 | 06:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that the fog switch is a momentary switch. You would need to setup a circuit that would keep track of the on/off state.

Much easier to wire in a new switch.

Old 05-20-2009 | 08:55 PM
|
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The problem is that the fog switch is a momentary switch. You would need to setup a circuit that would keep track of the on/off state.

Much easier to wire in a new switch.
I already see... and do you have some circuit idea?

Old 05-21-2009 | 10:21 AM
Administrator

This can be done with a latching relay which will have two "relaxed" states. This type of relay can take the output from a momentary switch to toggle the load. You can also do this by wiring up a circuit using regular SPDT relays as detailed in the Latched On/Off... section on The12Volt.com.

You would still need to run wires to and from the relay...

Old 05-21-2009 | 10:13 PM
|
Beginning Member

Thanks!!!

Old 06-09-2009 | 08:41 PM
|
Beginning Member

Use the five relays, I made the connection according to www.the12volt.com, but not 100%, I mean
-When you turn on the Chevy Blazer neblineros automatically activated, the powering down and back on again but there are times when not working. What should be?

Old 06-09-2009 | 08:50 PM
Administrator

No idea how you have it setup man... The schematic should work as shown on the12volt.com.