2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

All-Time 4WD on 1996 Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: All-Time 4WD on 1996 Blazer?

ORIGINAL: madbomb20

Thanks for the response swart... I think I'll just live with it and one day buy a true 4wd

I have another issue though, my fuel gauge is very inaccurate. I had the fuel pump replaced about a year and half ago. I went to pick it up from the shop, and filled up my gas tank and gas spilled everywhere. Turns out they put the wrong fuel pump in and also screwed up the seal. So they put the right one in and filled up my gas tank for me lol. Anyways, the gauge has never been right since. If I'm on a downhill slope it can drop below E, sometimes stalls. When going back up hills it will go up over 1/2 tank. Its probably something electrical, but could also be the wrong fuel pump still, or the original design on the tank is faulty. My dad has a 99 blazer and he claims his does the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem? If it is a design issue, are there any aftermarket fuel tank/pump combinations that will give me a more accurate reading? As it is now, I just know after about 200 miles to go fill up.
If you were to go to a GM dealer they would claim that the gauge is just used to indicate the the level of fuel left in the tank, they are not designed to be mileage accurate. Since your driving style is different than lets say mine. The fuel sender is like a toilet bowl float and arm setup, just look on e-bay for them and you will see what i mean. They have been this way since they installed fuel tank gauges, I remember my '65 Chevelle was the same way...but since they did not have as many additives in the gasoline then they lasted longer... According to GM the reason the fuel sending unit fails is that the MTBE additive in gasoline leaves a film of varnish on the contacts leading them to fail...this is also the reason they switched to LS1 multec injectors in the 2001/2 4.3, they were doing to much warranty work with the poppet valves and found out that the MTBE did not affect the multec injectors..

Old 06-17-2009, 03:25 PM
alteredblazer is on a distinguished road

i am wanting to convert mine to 2wd it is all wheel drive but has had the front axle took out already. so now i need to figure out where to go from here. i bought it this way.

*Merged*

in have this same blazer and want it to be just a 2wd anyone know what i should do??? i bought it with front axle already removed but i know there is more to it than that.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:29 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

if it doesnt have the front axles wouldnt it be full time rwd?

Originally Posted by alteredblazer
in have this same blazer and want it to be just a 2wd anyone know what i should do??? i bought it with front axle already removed but i know there is more to it than that.
please do not double post it is against forum rules.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... Old thread for sure...

Is your front axle out or your front driveshaft.

How technically minded are you?