2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

anyone ever try putting factory foglamps in a zr2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:25 PM
nuttcase21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone ever try putting factory foglamps in a zr2?

I've got a 2000 zr2 automatic and i'm trying this little project, but i ran into problems the last time i worked on it. here's what i've done so far:
1. bought fog lamp lenses from a 2001 blazer 4 door and installed them
2. got a used front end wiring harness from a 99 old bravada that had factory foglamps installed in it.
3. installed the harness, plugged it into the fuse panel under the hood, and installed the interior switch.
4. went to fire the lights up and nada, zilch, nothing.

i had attempted to get my hands on a set of schematics to see if i could trace the problem out that way, but alas i haven't found the time. has anyone tried this little conversion and if so, where did you run into a snag if any? any help would be greatly appreciated. and by the way, love the forum.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:37 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: anyone ever try putting factory foglamps in a zr2?

I'd recommend that you get out your test light and check for power starting at the source.
Sorry, it's just step by step checking for power and ground for your circuit.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you are using all factory components, you'll mostlikely need to have it activated in the BCM (dealer)

Old 10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
nuttcase21 is an unknown quantity at this point

jesus i hope not. the dealer will most likely just pawn me off saying that it's not possible to do because they just dont want to fitz with it. oh well, test light it is. thanx guys.