2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:06 AM
hebelracing38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

So, yestarday my 98 LT 4x4 A/T Blazer ran fine when we did our running around. It sat in my garage for about 3-4 hours then we tried to leave again. It turns over, but no sputter, just turns over. The fuel pump is priming when I trun the key on, and I have spark at the engine. If I use starting fluid it will run til it burns that all up, so it seems that there is a fuee problem, also I dont have a fuel pressure guage, but I opened the cap on the fuel rail and after each time of trying to start it, I purge it and gas squirts out, so does this mean anything, is gas getting up to the fuel injectors but not injecting? It looks like all the fuses are good, any help would be greatley apprecaited since this is our only vehilce.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

you need to put a pressure gauge on it as these require atleast 50-52lbs to inject fuel. Visible fuel out that port means literally nothing.. Jerry

Old 12-28-2008, 07:44 PM

*UPDATE*, so I went and bought a new fuel filter, the one currentley one it looks old. Swapped it out, still same situaution, so I guess I need to find a Fuel Pressure Tester, or should I just go buy a new fuel pump?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to put a pressure gauge on it as these require atleast 50-52lbs to inject fuel. Visible fuel out that port means literally nothing.. Jerry

Old 12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like JP has things covered pretty good... I do not know why you had to PM me.

When you get a fuel pressure tester, run down through the 96+ Fuel System Diagnosis (< click).

Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM

OK, so I will go find a fuel pressure tester, if low pressure is detected, where do I start to replace then, since I just replaced the fuel filter?

Old 12-29-2008, 02:31 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read the post that Kyle linked to in his last reply? It gives pretty clear steps of what to do based upon your pressure findings.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:36 PM

*UPDATE RESULTS ARE IN!* Finally found a fuel pressure testerthanks to my local race track owner, and its a good one, Snap-On. Anways here is what I found, with key on slowly rises to 15~20psi , then turning the key off it jumps to 62psi falls to 55psi and slowly, very slowly starts to creep downard. When trying to start jumps to 60psi but falls instantly while cranking. And lastly, while running on starting fluid stays steady at 30psi then jumps to 60psi when the motor dies.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:57 PM

So where do I go from here I dont really understand all the babel in the fuel diagnosis thread and where does my problem fall into that

Old 12-30-2008, 09:18 AM
fnirish is an unknown quantity at this point

The way the pressure is jumping around all over the place sounds like maybe the fuel pressure regulator is shot. Do a search and see if the symptoms match.

Quick Reply: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help