2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Current All Aluminum Radiator Options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 04:50 PM
Beginning Member
laxman21 is on a distinguished road

Here i what I replaced mine with in 2015. Not sure who I bought it from but looks the same as the one linked below. 1 1/4" thick core. Same size Blazers and S10s use to come with before dropping to 1 inch.

It came with adapters for the trans cooler lines.

aluminium radiator

Last edited by laxman21; 09-11-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by laxman21
Here i what I replaced mine with in 2015. Not sure who I bought it from but looks the same as the one linked below. 1 1/4" thick core. Same size Blazers and S10s use to come with before dropping to 1 inch.

It came with adapters for the trans cooler lines.

aluminium radiator
I considered that one too. I really wanted to maximize my cooling so I went the more expensive route of getting the 2" deep one but then had to have it modified. That is interesting to know that the Blazers used to come with 1.25" deep cores. How has this one been working for you? Did you have any special need for more cooling? How was the installation?

Old 09-11-2019, 10:52 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by christine_208
I considered that one too. I really wanted to maximize my cooling so I went the more expensive route of getting the 2" deep one but then had to have it modified. That is interesting to know that the Blazers used to come with 1.25" deep cores. How has this one been working for you? Did you have any special need for more cooling? How was the installation?
The only need I had was to keep it from overheating in stop and go traffic in the summer. 230 wasn’t uncommon. Trans temp would rise with it. Seems to be a problem across the the platform. I have some camaro efans I may put in now that I found a good controller. First controller from flex a lite crapped out fast.

Seems to work but i don’t drive it much, but the last time I ran it in hot weather it topped at 209. Might try tomorrow as it going to be in low 90s and humid.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:39 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

laxman21, what year and model did you put the 1.25 inch rad.core in ? What mod;s did you have to do to make it fit ?

Old 09-13-2019, 11:07 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jimspahr@msn.com
laxman21, what year and model did you put the 1.25 inch rad.core in ? What mod;s did you have to do to make it fit ?
Yes, it would be appropriate to share that here on this thread since it is for comparing the different Al radiator options for our Blazers.

Here is the full write-up I did on my 2" radiator: https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...adiator-99841/

Old 09-15-2019, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by jimspahr@msn.com

99 blazer. No mods needed as the platform was designed for a 1.25 rad. You use to be able to get them from the dealership.

The first two I ordered were plastic tanks rads but they came with a 1" core, so I ended up with the all Al one. Pretty sure it was a silla 1826AA,

Last edited by laxman21; 09-15-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:32 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by laxman21
99 blazer. No mods needed as the platform was designed for a 1.25 rad. You use to be able to get them from the dealership.

The first two I ordered were plastic tanks rads but they came with a 1" core, so I ended up with the all Al one. Pretty sure it was a silla 1826AA,
This sounds like a great option for those who don't want the hassle that I had modifying and then installing my radiator. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-13-2020, 11:58 AM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Reviving this old thread.

After having a side tank split open in my 04 4x4 auto yesterday, I ordered a Liland all aluminum rad off RockAuto.

Will report back with photos and my thoughts on it after installation

Old 09-13-2020, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Reviving this old thread.

After having a side tank split open in my 04 4x4 auto yesterday, I ordered a Liland all aluminum rad off RockAuto.

Will report back with photos and my thoughts on it after installation
Yes, this is a good thread to maintain. It'll hopefully be a good refetence for people.

I think I looked at the Leland ones but I can't remember why I decided against it for my situation. I'm pretty sure I must have included that in my wtite up on my aluminum radiator install.

Old 09-13-2020, 12:17 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by christine_208
Yes, this is a good thread to maintain. It'll hopefully be a good refetence for people.

I think I looked at the Leland ones but I can't remember why I decided against it for my situation. I'm pretty sure I must have included that in my wtite up on my aluminum radiator install.
I actually browsed through your posts before making that last one. From what I gather, it's questionable origin of manufacture and the core size was your reason for skipping over the Liland, although you did list it as an option in your first post in this thread

I went with it just because I was on Rock Auto looking to order a radiator, and it was the only all aluminum one they had lol. The stock radiator along with my Intrepid fans does a great job at keeping the 4.3 cool and the AC blowing cold in the Blazer even on the hottest of Florida summer days, but if I'm replacing something like the radiator and have the option to step up and improve it, I'm going to take that route

Quick Reply: Current All Aluminum Radiator Options?