2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Emisions rejected

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:54 AM
Starting Member
Beckyj636 is an unknown quantity at this point

still no pass...scan tool still says egr inc.. see post fro me on egr valve.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:03 AM
motate is on a distinguished road
Default Emissions reject (part 2)

Originally Posted by Beckyj636
still no pass...scan tool still says egr inc.. see post fro me on egr valve.
I post again for I understand your pain. I took MY blazer in for the THIRD time. Now, before I tell you the results: About two days ago I received a couple of remotes for the car so I thought I'd go out and 'program' them for the car. It had been sitting idle for five days. I turned the key and got that noise the car makes when the battery's dying. I cussed like you wouldn't believe. Got out the battery charger and re-charged the battery YET again. It started with no problem. Yesterday, after having put MORE miles on the car, I dropped by the inspection station for the THIRD time. The results:FAILED.

These were the ORIGINAL SETTINGS the FIRST time:

CATALYST MONITOR=NOT READY
CATALYS HEATER MONITOR-NOT SUPPORTED
EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM MONITOR-NOT READY
SECONDARY AIR SYSTEM MONITOR NOT SUPPORTED
A/C SYSTEM MONITOR-NOT SUPPORTED
02 SENSOR MONITOR-READY
O2 SENSOR HEATER MONITOR-READY
EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION (EGR) MONITOR - READY

The New Readings:

CATALYST MONITOR=NOT READY
CATALYS HEATER MONITOR-NOT SUPPORTED
EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM MONITOR-NOT READY
SECONDARY AIR SYSTEM MONITOR NOT SUPPORTED
A/C SYSTEM MONITOR-NOT SUPPORTED
02 SENSOR MONITOR-READY
O2 SENSOR HEATER MONITOR-READY
EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION (EGR) MONITOR -NOT READY

By recharging the battery AGAIN the computer again went 'STUPID' I again have to drive the car a few HUNDRED miles (according to a person at the state's inspection station) to reset the sensors YET again. I don't want the battery dying again so I went to SEARS and had a new one installed. They told me the amps were low but it should last another couple of years. After reading recently about the cranking power this MIGHT be one of my problems. I have until the 26th of this month to get this car's emission's system to reset so trust me when I tell you I feel your pain. Have your battery checked to make sure it's at FULL capacity. If not, replace it. Do it yourself. RUN the engine, and replace the battery while it's running. This way the computer will NOT reset for there's voltage going thru the car. Put another hundred or so miles on the car and take it to the inspection. THIS time you just might get that sticker. GOOD LUCK.

I hope to post by the end of the month that MY car passed.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Beginning Member
skrapper is on a distinguished road

My '01' blazer wouldn't pass inspection because of a dead battery. The dealer said they had to drive it 70+ miles to get all the systems to reset. 200+ miles later an engine light came on involving the evap system. The process to reset the computer is called the drive cycle. A friend of mine who has a repair shop says that there's a way to complete all the nesessary step in about 15 min. If you google blazer drive cycle you should be able to get the instructions. I didn't get a chance to try this before the check engine light came on. Good Luck

ps. I don't know if it's a good idea to unhook the battery while the engine is running. Remember this is not your grand fathers Oldsmobile.

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-03-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

They make a cheap thing you can buy at autoparts stores that you plug into your cigarette lighter - it retains your computer settings and radio presets while you replace your battery.

That'd be a better way to go...