2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

engine power loss shut off

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
did you ask your local auto parts if they got one of those loan a tool program ?

you just need to leave a deposit till you bring it back
Originally Posted by gaspricessuckk
On top of it when the truck bogs down you can smell the gas fumes

Yes and they don't do that.

did you check auto zone ?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Starting Member
gaspricessuckk is on a distinguished road

tried calling the brand new place near me then said no.

past two days truck has been running a million times better. just because it was cooler. even took the high way today.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I know all autozones do the loan a tool program. Fact.
I took the time to look around in CT to see that autozones are located in your state. They are. If one autozone doesnt have it call another. Maybe its lent out or never returned.

I would LOVE to help. I enjoy the challenge but i need more information to help. Please post your fuel pressure reading in your next post. It almost seems like other activities are more important that getting the truck fixed. One of these days youre going to have to push it home. Maintain prorities!

I really dont want a day by day report on how your truck is running unless you repaired it.

Me and hundreds others are waiting for this info!

Last edited by kristoph30; 08-15-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: 2nd thought
Old 08-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Starting Member

will do pressure asap when i am not broke.

here is what the codes read finally got it scanned

p1810, tfp vavle, position switch circuit, and all the 02 sensors going hay wire.

also the fuel pump does turn on when the key is on, but it is very weak, my buddy listened to it and he works at advanced he scanned it.

i will try auto zone again

Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 PM

With that information I am going to guess the fuel pump will test ok. BUT test it anyways to rule it out! Just becasue you can hear the pump doesnt tell you its performing the way it should.

I am going to take a shot in the dark. If you had access to a code reader with live data capabilities, I bet you would see a bunch of garbage going on when the truck misbehaves. Looking at the wiring diagram in the DTC troubleshooting guide that Swartlkk so selflessly put together, I see the TFP circuit uses a 5vdc logic level reference. This 5 vdc reference is used by many sensors. If one sensor shorts out it will kill the refernce voltage and confuse the heck out of the truck.

I may be WAY off base here. But I could see it happening. My 97 had this problem. One sensor killed the signal from 5 other sensors.

Do more research....
Have you checked with Autozone? They do lend the tool. Or would your advance buddy get upset?

Old 08-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by kristoph30
With that information I am going to guess the fuel pump will test ok. BUT test it anyways to rule it out! Just becasue you can hear the pump doesnt tell you its performing the way it should.

I am going to take a shot in the dark. If you had access to a code reader with live data capabilities, I bet you would see a bunch of garbage going on when the truck misbehaves. Looking at the wiring diagram in the DTC troubleshooting guide that Swartlkk so selflessly put together, I see the TFP circuit uses a 5vdc logic level reference. This 5 vdc reference is used by many sensors. If one sensor shorts out it will kill the refernce voltage and confuse the heck out of the truck.

I may be WAY off base here. But I could see it happening. My 97 had this problem. One sensor killed the signal from 5 other sensors.

Do more research....
Have you checked with Autozone? They do lend the tool. Or would your advance buddy get upset?
Yeah I found the thread on the tfp and p1810 . I been working like a dog so haven't looked at the truck in a week. It only stalled today and wouldn't crank for a few mins. After being parked. And no he won't care lol. If I get a good check this week I am getting or loaning the tool.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 PM

I would invest in a good code reader that will do more than just read codes. The live data stream is a wealth of information when youre troubleshooting a gremlin.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Starting Member

DONE.

done with the truck, something in the rear end let go, major clunking and can't drive, most likely something in the cluth, pinion bolts, or rear diff shot. so now it needs a rear end, selling it for parts