2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Flickering interior lights (Updated)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Flickering interior lights

good lord, thats not made for big ppl. thats way up there. which way is the easiest to go through to get to those?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Starting Member

Well i went to an electrical place today to ask what they can do for me. and there comment was we basically wont touch it. he told me that my dash might be shot and to go buy another one and see if that helps. this guy gets $70 and hour and i was gonna pay it and he doesnt wanna do it, i dont get it. i just need to know what to do and some details cuz this is bugging me badly. i also noticed while in park with some accessories one voltage doesnt drop much if at all, but in drive it drops to where you know it moved.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Starting Member

waiting for you swartlkk

Old 11-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What for? To drive down and fix it for you? Time to get your tools out and try things. Electrical problems such as what you are experiencing are very difficult if you are there messing around with it and practically impossible to do anything with if the person that is there is not comfortable getting into things.

If you are not comfortable, find someone that is. It is as simple as that.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Starting Member

yea exactly drive here lol. very difficult if im messing with it?? i didnt touch anything, if i knew what the dam prob was i would have fixed it already. and for the whole find someone that is, yea im trying that and everyone i guess nobody wants to be paid to do there job and check it for me. tiredof getting well we wont touch that or you have a system in there so we cant help you. tired of the **** plain and simple and was hoping someone had a similar experience, that could shed some light on this prob for me. simple as that..

Old 11-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to say arent there messing with it, meaning that I was not there messing with it, not that you were playing around causing different things to happen.

Welcome to the world of electrical problems.

I have not experienced this personally and am just trying to point you in the right direction for diagnosis. None of that advice has been taken so I do not know what more I can do to help you. Waiting for me does nothing to help your problem.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Starting Member

well i appreciate it and sorry to get pissy. but would it be easier to go through the dash above to get to those grounds or underneath?

Old 11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: Flickering interior lights (Updated)

sorry to start this up again. i checked battery voltage at night, just for the fact that all lights are on. with a good bass note voltage at the battery goes from like 14.1 to 13.something i cant member now, so i guess thats not bad. but i did notice that my radio flickers with no fuse in for the amp when its playing. radio is prolly about 5 years old, question is could this be causing my probs, maybe the radio is going bad. well anyway any insight on the radio thing would be cool. and im tearing the dash out tommorow to check forcrappy wiring and what not. and seriously thanx for the diagram for the grounds