2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Im eating distributers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member
nonblazing4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

how hard of a job is it to get to the oil pump on my blazer. is this something i could do in the yard. 2001 4.3 4x4

Old 05-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Technically, you have to pull the engine inorder to pull the oil pan. You atleast need to disconnect the engine from the transmission so that you can make sure to get the pan properly aligned at the back of the block. Then you have to deal with the front axle... I would not classify this as a yard job.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Beginning Member

ok i have had my truck back for about 2 weeks i guess and its running but not 100 %. They just repaired the distributer and didnt mess with the oil pump which they swear by is whats causing it. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Its 900 for the oil pump fix which is what the shop thinks and more for the cam replace which is what im thining it is along with people on here. I am leaning toward get a engine from a junk yard and putting it in. I have two questions. How much would labor cost on replacing and engine. On average. Second question. My ses light came on a few days after getting my truck back and i had it checked today. It was p0410, air induction system. I read the write up on here about the code but am completely lost. Are there any question someone could ask me to maybe pinpoint the problem closer or some place i maybe could begin my work. Thanks for all the help guys. This site has help me alot.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is easily 6-8 hours for an engine replacement with book time being ~12hrs.

I am sure you have found the tech article about this code:
P0410 - Secondary Air Injection System

Another thread that pops up:
air pump part 2

Old 05-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Beginning Member

I did find the tech article but i dont know would i should start with. what would be the easiest thing to start with or the most common cause of this problem.
Would average shop labor be 60 and hour or is it more.
Thanks.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Shop rates depend.

Have a look at the second link I posted above. The likely cause of your P0410 code is corrosion in the AIR pump.