2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Just did tune up, now its misfiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road

so i removed the spyder injection today, the area was filled with grease like stuff not sure how & why.

I believe 2 or 3 injectors seem to be clogged and the lower gasket wass ripped which is probably the reason why, my coolant would leak a bit about 6 months ago.

hopefully i can find a used spyder injection kit and install tomorrow.
just thought an update would be great for people that might have the same problem as i did.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Starting Member

I purchased the spyder injection from "O Rileys Autoparts" and it still does the samething...

I checked the coil with dmm & it is to spec.
Could the igniter cause the problem im having?

any ideas on what can cause a missfire, btw can a clogged cadylatic converter cause this? a friend commented that it can but i dont know

Old 06-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Many things can cause a misfire. You can look at the P030x code listing in the OBD2 subsection of the Tech Article (DIY) area for ideas in that regard.

A clogged cat could cause this condition, but that would also have other associated issue.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Many things can cause a misfire. You can look at the P030x code listing in the OBD2 subsection of the Tech Article (DIY) area for ideas in that regard.

A clogged cat could cause this condition, but that would also have other associated issue.
Hmm... that's intresting, so the clogged cat can cause the misfire codes that im getting. So if I disconnect the cat & turn on the car while it's open header, would this be a good way to test if the cat is clogged if not what do you recommend. Can a bad crank sensor cause this?

Thanks for the info i will check out the (DIY) Thanks Alot

Old 06-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Starting Member

So the blazer is fixed, I took it to my friends shop & he was checking it for about 3 hours he checked the compression, injectors etc....

Since a tune up had been done about a month ago before the car started acting up we didnt bother to replace the cap & rotor and spark plugs.

The problem resulted to be the thing we least expected, Which was the (dist. cap)
I guess this thing was made with a defect.

Since the car was misfiring so bad i had to replace the spark plugs once again
and my friend only charged me $75 dollars for the dignosis fee and $35 Dollars for parts.

Thanks to all that gave me feedback!
it sucks that i purchased brand new injectors for $330 and the problem resulted to be a $15 part