2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

key and remote control

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019 | 03:29 AM
|
Beginning Member
Fabio Sangaletti is on a distinguished road
Default key and remote control

Hello friends, I have a serious problem, and I hope you can help me. I lost the only key and the only remote control of my chevy blazer 4.3 from 1999. How can I move to solve the problem? Does the key have an encryption? or it has no codes because the remote control is enough to unlock the starter. my remote control code was 15732810 for the European version. Thanks

Old 09-18-2019 | 11:55 AM
vetteandblazerman has a little shameless behavior in the past

Hello Friend, the European Blazers are a completely different animal to the US ones.

Your remote keyfob/immobilizer frequency is different to that used in the US, ask me how I know!

I am afraid that unless you can get someone local, to "hack" your vehicle, you have now got a 4 wheel piece of scrap metal.

I am quite sure no person on this site can help you.

Sorry, good luck, I hope you prove me wrong.

Steve.

Old 09-18-2019 | 12:20 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

That sounds like a contact GM and pray situation.

Old 09-18-2019 | 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
That sounds like a contact GM and pray situation.
GM stopped ANY support for 2nd Gen Chevrolet Blazers in Europe many years ago.

We are on our own.

Old 09-18-2019 | 05:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveHearne
I believe that the European remotes are discontinued, at least the UK-spec ones are. I have a friend who got around this by purchasing a keyless entry receiver unit from a Blazer in a US junkyard along with 2 matching remotes & installing it into his UK spec Blazer. However, to program them once everthing is installed requires the 5 digit immobilizer code which every European spec Blazer comes with to do so. This code was supplied on a red card with every new vehicle, if you don't have that then it can be accessed with a Tech 2. Hope this helps.
By the way - all export Blazers were built at the Linden, New Jersey plant.
Per the above post, it looks like you might be able to swap out for a US spec RKE module. Do you have your immobilizer code? If not, a local GM dealer should be able to help you out with that as well as reprogramming with the US spec stuff. If they aren't willing to do that, then you can pickup a chinese knockoff Tech2 from eBay for around $350 which is cheap compared to what the OEM units go for even used. All depends on what you value your vehicle at versus buying something else.

Old 09-19-2019 | 01:45 PM
|
Beginning Member

Will update. I bought a new block with 2 keys on rockauto.com. These work well because they have no coding. Now I have to find someone who can read my 5-digit code and buy a new remote. The problem is that the 15732810 remotes are very difficult to find ...

Old 09-26-2019 | 11:42 AM

Any progress in starting your vehicle Fabio?

Old 12-03-2019 | 12:29 PM
|
Beginning Member

Yes, I picked up my vehicle today. I found an American car salesman 100 km from my house. I paid a transporter to get him my blazer. A software was sent from America to eliminate the immobilizer and in 2 days I got my working vehicle back. Now I would like to order a new receiver with 2 remote controls in America to return to automatic closing. Do you know where I can find them? even with the American frequency they are fine. the European frequency has been out of production for some time. thanks