2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Light button under the main light control

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

My 99 Blazer LS has the auto-on light feature. I actually like it as I am used to it from my Escalade.
Also, I cannot get the DTR lamps to go out by using the trick mentioned earlier in the thread. Did this work for anyone?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

[quote=CodFos;258619]Right, that was a typo, why would you run your DRL's at night? Duh. I meant to say that they were more visible during the day. Oops.

Anyway, https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/auto-headlights-5522/ should help you deactivate those head lights. If you have a 98 you need the 1k ohm resistor, but if you have a 99+ i think you need the 2.2k ohm, which are sold in packs of like five at radio shack for super cheap. I thought Blazers came on LT's only as well, maybe it wasn't a feature the original owner picked out. quote]

yeah, i figured that's what you meant.

thanks. i couldn't remember which one it was ( thought the 2.2 was for the '98)

did you mean the Auto lights? another typo, right?

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ
My 99 Blazer LS has the auto-on light feature. I actually like it as I am used to it from my Escalade.
Also, I cannot get the DTR lamps to go out by using the trick mentioned earlier in the thread. Did this work for anyone?
yeah, it worked on my friend's '99.
personally, i like the DRL's. since when you "flash" your lights (i really don't like to high beam anyone unless needed), it alternates between the low beams & the DRL's (seems to catch peoples attention quicker). to bad it only works during the daytime (for now).

Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 AM
Beginning Member
CodFos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ
Which trick, the parking break trick or the bent pin on the relay for the DRL?

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
[quoteCodFos]Right, that was a typo, why would you run your DRL's at night? Duh. I meant to say that they were more visible during the day. Oops.

Anyway, https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5522 should help you deactivate those head lights. If you have a 98 you need the 1k ohm resistor, but if you have a 99+ i think you need the 2.2k ohm, which are sold in packs of like five at radio shack for super cheap. I thought Blazers came on LT's only as well, maybe it wasn't a feature the original owner picked out. quote]

yeah, i figured that's what you meant.

thanks. i couldn't remember which one it was ( thought the 2.2 was for the '98)

did you mean the Auto lights? another typo, right?
Hah, I think I'm losing my mind, yes I did mean auto lights. As for the resistor, I remember seeing it in that other post on it somewhere that the 1k ohm one was used, considering that's what I did and its doing the trick. I guess if you really wanted you could get both and then do it with both and if one doesn't work then there you go.

yeah, it worked on my friend's '99.
personally, i like the DRL's. since when you "flash" your lights (i really don't like to high beam anyone unless needed), it alternates between the low beams & the DRL's (seems to catch peoples attention quicker). to bad it only works during the daytime (for now).
That is a good feature. I didn't know it did that but I also never flash anyone anyway, so I wouldn't need it.

Last edited by CodFos; 10-28-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CodFos
Which trick, the parking break trick or the bent pin on the relay for the DRL?
Neither... I was referring to the "push the button 3 times" trick to shut off the DTR. Tried it several times with no luck.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Beginning Member
raza514 is on a distinguished road

i will upload a pic asap....

Old 10-28-2009, 06:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

[personally, i like the DRL's. since when you "flash" your lights (i really don't like to high beam anyone unless needed), it alternates between the low beams & the DRL's (seems to catch peoples attention quicker). to bad it only works during the daytime (for now).
Originally Posted by CodFos
That is a good feature. I didn't know it did that but I also never flash anyone anyway, so I wouldn't need it.

lucky you, to never have a turtle infront of you on the highway *srcastic joke* i've noticed that people tend to notice you, and move over quicker than just flashing the HB's, or having your lights go off and on with the switch. guess it looks like a cop flashing you?

did i just say that out loud?!?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Beginning Member
CodFos is an unknown quantity at this point

lucky you, to never have a turtle infront of you on the highway *srcastic joke* i've noticed that people tend to notice you, and move over quicker than just flashing the HB's, or having your lights go off and on with the switch. guess it looks like a cop flashing you?

did i just say that out loud?!?
Well yeah, of course, everyone has their fair share but they notice you eventually, I mean a turtle still occasionally turns his head a whole three degrees haha.

Yeah, the movement back and forth is probably what catches their attention.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Starting Member
black100 is on a distinguished road
Default drl override

go under the hood fuse box and pull the fuse block marked drl with the arrow.you will not have day time running kights at all

Old 12-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black100
go under the hood fuse box and pull the fuse block marked drl with the arrow.you will not have day time running kights at all
If you do that, your headlights won't work correctly at all... Sure, you won't have daytime running lights...

Old 12-24-2010, 03:37 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by black100

and another dead thread comes back to life after 13 1/2 months underground.

Quick Reply: Light button under the main light control