2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Moisture problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 AM
blajeans is on a distinguished road
Default Moisture problems

Hi everybody, I´ve recently bought a S10 Blazer and it all worked nice but the other day I took a drive for about 62 miles on a highway and when I was arriving to my destination I turned in to a parking lot and suddenly in about 5-10 seconds all of my windows where covered with moisture.
Okey, it was raining pretty heavy so I thought this was just temporary, but here the other day it happened again and this after a 60 miles run on a higway and the moisture attack came when I slowed down for an exit on the higway ... hummm even this time it was raining pretty heavy.
Well I didnt payed much attention to it becuase the car worked correctly so I thought that the rain had caused the moisture attack but last night it happened again and now it wasnt raining at all.
It doesnt smells funny like for example glucos could do if there was a leak in the heating package ... it just starts to moistures my windows
I use my car everyday to drive to my job ... I should guess it´s about 6 miles to my job and never experienced this problem on my way to the job.

Hope you guys understand what I mean, Im not sure if it´s called glucos (the liqiud you blend with water and pour in the radiator).

Old 10-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Heater core leak? Is the floor on the passenger side wet?

Old 10-25-2009, 08:53 AM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

We generally call it coolant or antifreeeze. When the truck is cold take the radiator cap off and check the level, just to be sure it's not that. If you're not losing antifreeze only other possibility I could think of is a plugged drain on your heater box. Might have to snake a piece of wire up it.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:21 AM

Kyle, no leak inside my car. Was my first thing to check for also but not a single drop of coolant.

RonJon thanks for the correction. Now coolant has dissapered from the radiator. Plugged drain from heater box? I poured a lot of water in the space between the bonnet and windshield and the water came out behind both front wheels.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:03 AM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Low on the heater box on the engine compartment side there should be a rubber hose about 1/2 inch in diameter facing down. I'm not saying this is easy to see... it's buried down there. Where you poured water is the fresh air intake for the heater but there's diverters for water so it doesn't fill the heater box with every rain storm. The water buildup is your A/C evaporator, think of it as the way water beads up on a cold bottle of soda. It lets it drain out. Just look low on the heater box just inside of the frame. Run a piece of wire up it or a plastic straw or a long plastic zip tie, sometimes they get plugged up with crud, accumulated dust from the air, etc..

Last edited by RonJon; 10-25-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by RonJon
Low on the heater box on the engine compartment side there should be a rubber hose about 1/2 inch in diameter facing down. I'm not saying this is easy to see... it's buried down there. Where you poured water is the fresh air intake for the heater but there's diverters for water so it doesn't fill the heater box with every rain storm. The water buildup is your A/C evaporator, think of it as the way water beads up on a cold bottle of soda. It lets it drain out. Just look low on the heater box just inside of the frame. Run a piece of wire up it or a plastic straw or a long plastic zip tie, sometimes they get plugged up with crud, accumulated dust from the air, etc..
Thanks in advance RonJon, I was out and looked for it but couldnt find a hose that you mention. Anyone with a more exact position of this hose? Pics?

Old 11-03-2009, 03:59 PM

Is there any way to get the AC working all the time? I figured out that my problems only appears when the temperature drops below 42°F and at this temperature my AC turns off.