2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

My hard start/excessive crank story

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 05:38 AM
navila17 is on a distinguished road

Thats ok, you just reminded me that I never posted my fix.

Turns out it was my fuel pump. It was leaking so after sitting for a while there would just be air up by the fuel injectors. I had it completely die out on my while driving down the road, great way to find out your fuel pump is bad.

This happened a little over a month ago, and ever since getting the new pump it starts almost instantly.

Blazeme, sorry I forgot to reply. I do appreciate your advice. All seems well now. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Blazeme is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by reytx1
I have the same problem, usually if my blazer sits for two or more days it will have trouble starting and it takes many times to get it turned on.

But yesterday my blazer would not stay on after sitting for two days. It will turn on for like a second and then die out no matter how much throttle i give it.
Have you checked the fuel pressure?

Originally Posted by reytx1
Sorry didnt mean to revive such and old thread.
Not a problem for me.

Originally Posted by navila17
That's ok, you just reminded me that I never posted my fix.

Turns out it was my fuel pump. It was leaking so after sitting for a while there would just be air up by the fuel injectors. I had it completely die out on my while driving down the road, great way to find out your fuel pump is bad.

This happened a little over a month ago, and ever since getting the new pump it starts almost instantly.

Blazeme, sorry I forgot to reply. I do appreciate your advice. All seems well now. Thanks.
Glad my advise helped. In my case I do not think the pump was leaking and letting the fuel drain out of the lines. It just wasn't giving enough pressure during cranking every time. If the pressure is low it will not push it through the injectors properly.

Blazeme

Old 04-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Beginning Member
reytx1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazeme
Have you checked the fuel pressure?

Not a problem for me.

Glad my advise helped. In my case I do not think the pump was leaking and letting the fuel drain out of the lines. It just wasn't giving enough pressure during cranking every time. If the pressure is low it will not push it through the injectors properly.

Blazeme
Thanks for the feedback, i posted a thread yesterday but I had no replies yet, so i figured I would ask here.

And Today I just checked the fuel pressure and I was reading 60 PSI which is good, So i'm guessing it has to be the passlock but I thought if it was the passlock system then it would not let it turn on at all. My truck turns on for about a second then dies out.

Any Ideas?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

reytx1, since you already have a thread on your passlock issues, keep it there.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Beginning Member
reytx1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
reytx1, since you already have a thread on your passlock issues, keep it there.
will do, sorry