2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No Power to Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:01 AM
phrankguy1 is on a distinguished road
Default No Power to Accessories

Hi, I picked up a 95 Blazer yesterday at an auction. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so I figured I'd stop by and ask those who know better what their opinion is.

The radio, windshield wipers, power mirrors, rear wiper, cruise control, rear tail popper button all have no power. This was a vehicle that was owned by a local township and had some electrical components installed (I figure it was communication equipment or a laptop) and it was removed prior to sale. I checked the fuses and they all looked good. What else should I check?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:04 PM
jstein is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be anyone's guess man. I too picked mine up at state auction. I have had some minor electrical problems but narrowed it down to dirty switches and missing fuses. I would hook up a volt meter to some of the connections and see if you get any power when pushing buttons. From there, try to trace some of the lines. Good luck

Old 07-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

With this type of problem, you are really just going to have to dig into it. I cannot think of one thing that connects all of these systems as some have power at all times (tailgate button & power mirrors) while others are ignition dependent. I would suspect there is some cut wiring under the dash.