2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Q about replacing O2 sensor/air filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 PM
BugOut is on a distinguished road
Default Q about replacing O2 sensor/air filter

I've got a 2004 V6 Blazer and got the trouble code P0155, problem with the O2 sensor, bank 2 sensor 1. I went under there to check it out and it seems the connector is attached to the frame of the truck by a plastic "screw" type thing..one of those things that has the flanges that go in one way and you can't (easily) pull it out. I'm just wondering if I should yank it out or is there an easier way, and would a new O2 sensor come with one if I bust it?

Another question is about replacing the air filter...the radiator hose seems to be in the way of me pulling the air filter cover up and out of the way...any way around this aside from disconnecting the hose?

Thanks for any info..

Old 11-11-2010, 02:39 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BugOut
...Another question is about replacing the air filter...the radiator hose seems to be in the way of me pulling the air filter cover up and out of the way...any way around this aside from disconnecting the hose?

Thanks for any info..
Just push the hose far enough to the side to lift the cover. It takes a bit of a push.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:51 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

And is there only one O2 sensor on the passengers side? I want to be sure I'm going to remove/replace the correct one.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Default Location of sensor

I've got the code 0155, where is the bank 2 sensor 1 sensor located?

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2010, 05:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

B2S1 is the upstream sensor on the passenger side. Upstream sensors are closest to the exhaust manifold. In your case, it will be the only one on the passenger side between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
B2S1 is the upstream sensor on the passenger side. Upstream sensors are closest to the exhaust manifold. In your case, it will be the only one on the passenger side between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter.
Great, that's the one I thought it was (the one just before the muffler). I was under there yesterday and saw another sensor just before the catalytic converter, so I got a little confused. The one near the muffler is easier to get to, so that's good.

BTW, what is the designation of that sensor just before the cat? Bank 2 sensor 2?

And any reccomendation on if I should pop the connector off the frame?