2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

squeak with rpms

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: squeak with rpms

Well, How is the PCV valve? It's cheap enough to replace, but even at that, the vent line to the back of the intake 'hat' (the pipe that connects to the throttle body) should provide the pressure relief for the crankcase. The PCV valve is meant to open up when positive crankcase pressure is detected, allowing manifold vacuum to bleed off any pressure. The vent line to the intake piping before the throttle body is to allow filtered air back into the crankcase. If the PCV valve has failed open and the vent line is somehow not working correctly, you could have builtup vacuum inside the engine.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Starting Member
agent305 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, its definitely built up vaccum in the engine, cuz when i took either the oil cap or dipstick off....it was like something was holding them down.
i just put my fan back on, and the cover and im about to go try it.

i did check the pcv valve and it rattled..but what i DID find....was the "vent line to the back of the intake hat" had a bunch of crap stuck in it. not stuck in the actual line....stuck in the hole on the intake hat.

like i said im about to go test drive it, and i hope so much that is the problem.
so far ive spent almost 200 bucks tryin to find this problem plus 1500 for a tranny rebuild.
ill definitely let you know if it worked.

~danny

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

well.... i cleaned all that crap out.....and no more squeak.

i dont believe it was somethin that easy.

i replaced the belt twice, before i finally got a gatorback.
got a new fan clutch that made me sound like a 18 wheeler, so i put the old one back in.

got a new tensioner assembly

sanded all the pulleys, greased them

i think i have the scent of wd40 permanently stuck to me...

replaced the water pump..

meanwhile, in the midst of all this....my tranny broke.

took the cap off to make sure it wasnt comin from there.....

but all it was , was some stuff stuck in that tube. unbelievable.

i really wanna give thanks to everyone that tried to help me. kyle you really know your stuff.

hopefully the next time i post will be to help someone, and not cuz i have some strange stupid problem.

thanks again. this forum rules

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Combining consecutive posts - Please use the edit feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply! Thanks and if you have any questions or comments, please PM me.[/i]

Old 08-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got it fixed. It's amazing how such an odd thing like that could cause a squeak! Weird... And especially one that wouldn't be there with the accessory drive belt on...

Old 08-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Starting Member
agent305 is an unknown quantity at this point

i know, but i was thinkin, maybe i didnt let it run long enough without the belt cuz i was nervous.

but at least i dont sound like a clown wagon anymore

Old 08-25-2007, 12:08 PM
familyman is an unknown quantity at this point

i just posted about my truck i have a similar problem i described it all in my post squeel noise need help plz. so if anyone could shoot some ideas my way i would greatly appriciate it. but with my truck if i take the belt off it still makes that noise. i will try what you did to fix yours but in the mean time if there are any other ideas plz help plz

Old 08-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Did you read any of this thread??? There are plenty of ideas on where to look... Specifically, Danny's problem was a plugged vent line from the intake duct to the passenger side valve cover. His squeak was caused by vacuum buildup in the engine block.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:31 PM
rlarge2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

my 00 blazer is doing the same thing, except the noise starts as soon as i startit up, I sprayed wd40 on the tension pulley and the noise stopped initially, but when I took the rpm's up a little the noise comes back until I get it back to idle normally. Should i change the belt. I'm still looking for the intake hat to see if there is a back up or anything is clogged like the other blazer in this search area.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Administrator

A bit of an old thread...

Remove your belt and check the tensioner and idler pulleys for play or any grittiness when turning them. If you feel any rough spots or any play in the pulley, replace that pulley.

The serpentine systems on these trucks are notorious for squeaks. I solved my squeaks with a Goodyear Gatorback belt and have recommended it to a lot of people where it has worked for them as well.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
rlarge2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

o.k. i'll try that, can i get that belt from any parts store? The wd40 seems to be working, but if i step on the gas, it comes back just a little.

Thanks for you input

Old 10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Administrator

WD40 will eventually degrade the belt. I think you can get the belt at pretty much any parts store, but either call or check their website first.