2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Towing wire harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Beginning Member
lemon blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Towing wire harness

I want to tow my boat but when I went to look for the plug in itIcouldn't locate it. I didn't crawl under the vehicle because of all the snow but is it strapped underneath somewhere? It had a hitch when I bought it so I assumed it had the wiring harness at the back. Or it it something that needs to be installed? It's a 2001 Blazer LT. Also are block heaaters an option because again I can't seem to locate mine and it's cold where I live, around -25f every night.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Towing wire harness

Yup and Yup. The wiring harness (if you have RPO UY7 - heavy duty trailer wiring harness or RPO UB1 - light duty trailer wiring harness) should be tucked up in front of the rear bumper in the frame area. This should have everything to hook up a heavy duty plug to. If you require a electronic brake controller and have the heavy duty harness, all of the wires for that should be run up to under the dash as well.

The block heater was also optional under RPO K05. It should be located in the rear most freeze plug on the driver's side of the engine block. Run a search for 'Block Heater' and you should find a few threads on the subject as well as an illustration showing the location of the block heater.