2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 05:57 PM
wiskeyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vibration

Hello everyone,

New guy here. I was checking the net and found this site about 1hr ago. After doing some searching i decided to join.. Lots of info... Great site..

Now my question:

I own a 2000 Chevy Blazer 2wd. I am having a vibrating problem at highway speeds. I had the wheels balanced and suspension checked. Now it feels like it starts in the rear and works to the front through the floor boards and the it will start to shake the whole truck. Could this be the wheel bearigs? If so should i just bite the bullet and replace all wheel Bearings? It has 82,000 miles. Thanks for the help

Old 12-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Vibration

Slide under your truck and grab a hold of the driveshaft. It is quite possible that one of the universal joints in the driveshaft has gone bad.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:44 PM

great thanks for the help i will check in the am

Old 12-22-2007, 10:59 PM

no luck they are solid no play

Old 12-22-2007, 11:13 PM

i dont think it is the bearings because it was just aligned at a friends shop? the alignment was way out but he had little problem getting it back in.. now thinking of the problem. i have a few a little more info. When accelerating it vibrates more. say doing 65 then speed up to 75 it seems to be worse. also this is a thing that one minute it is vibrating real bad the next no vibration. could this also be a transmission problem??

sorry after lookign at the site realized i should of posted in the Steering, Suspension & Drivetrainforum

Old 12-24-2007, 09:35 AM

does anyone have access to TSB info.. i found on another question site that there is a TSB that states this is a normal problem no fix just deal with it!!! What the hell.. anyways if you can i will provide the VIN number

Thanks

Old 12-24-2007, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site.

Read through this thread and then lets talk.
https://blazerforum.com/m_25271/tm.htm

Old 04-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Beginning Member
ESKYMOPACK is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem with my 1999 Jimmy. At highway speeds, out of nowhere the rear (and floor) shake like theres a real bad U-Joint. Doesn't always happen, and doesn't happen at same speeds. Anotherwards, sometimes it comes and goes when it wants.

Now, the vehicle does have some ripe shocks all the way around, but I never heard of soft shocks creating this problem have you???

Also the front tires are in need of replacement, but this, like I said, seems to be coming from the rear.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:03 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of an old thread. The OP has not posted since this 2007 thread.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Bad shocks can allow some uncontrolled vibration in the suspension. There may be a certain point where you go over a bump and the speed of the vehicle causes the suspension to resonate (where the energy of the vibration input equals the energy being dissipated by the shocks). This is not supposed to happen with good shocks, but weak shocks can allow it.