2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Beginning Member
jellyphish97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Wiring diagram

Sorry about the overdue response, but i have been having a ton of personal things going on, so anyways. Today i went to the auto parts store and got a Add-A-Circut, opened up the fuse box on the left side of the dash. I ran the ground to the door bolt and it all worked the way i wanted it to. I have a couple of questions, Where should i permenatly ground it at, i cant seem to find a good place or a place that will work. Also the radar sit just above the middle of the dash, so i need to know how to run the wire from the fuse box to the radar. The Add-A-Circut i got is basically a fuse the plugs in with a wire comeing out, then i tapped into that wire to the direct wire kit i have for my radar, so i don't void my warranty. so i need to go from inside the fuse box to the radar and a good place to ground it out at. Thanx!
Ron

Old 08-04-2007, 06:53 PM
nocluejimbo is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

On the newer vehicles, you can switch a fuse location in the box to have the lighter work with only the ignition on. My Bonneville was setup to work only when the key was on which doesn't work so well when I'm trying to pump up tires with my little 12v air compressor. Switched around a fuse or two and now it is constant power. It should be stated in your owners manual.
Have you confirmed this in a late-model Blazer? I didn't see it anywhere in the 2002 manual. I would love this to work with both accessory outlets. Maybe my old Jeep just had me spoiled by allowing me to do so.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Blazer's do not have that function.. Seems they stuck with the old circuitry in the S-series.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:49 AM
nocluejimbo is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Blazer's do not have that function.. Seems they stuck with the old circuitry in the S-series.
Can I change the wiring so they do?

Old 08-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Trikes17 is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote]ORIGINAL: swartlkk

I'm assuming that you're going to put your radar detector up high. If so, you could just wire it up to the overhead wiring that's there. If you are going this route, let me know and I'll see if I can find some references for the wiring up there. There should atleast be a ground that you have up there leaving you to possibly have to run a power (RAP - retained accessory power) wire.

I am interested in wiring a radar detector directly to my overhead console. Is this a difficult job? Ideally, I would like the unit to turn on and off with the car so i was thinking about trying to use the overhead computer for my power source. I have a 2002 4x4 blazer. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please create a new thread. This thread is ancient.