Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

How-To: EGR Valve Cleaning - DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How-To: EGR Valve Cleaning

It may clear itself after a few miles, or you can clear it with an obd2 reader, or go to like autozone or partsamerica and they will for you.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:33 AM
mcblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome. Thank you very much. I used both write ups today and can't wait to take my blazer on a roadie!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:54 PM
ptg327 is an unknown quantity at this point

My 92 blazer has about 211,000 miles on it and the EGR valve has never been replaced or cleaned. I was going to clean it but would it be a better idea to just buy a new one?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Mike94 is on a distinguished road

Any idea if the EGR valve would be around the same spot as in picture in a 2002 blazer 4.3 4x4

thanks Mike

Old 06-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it is a late model 2002, you do not have an EGR valve. If it is not in that location, you have the later model.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Mike94 is on a distinguished road

thanks swartlkk

Was going crazy trying to look for it, went to advanced-auto because i had check engine light on, so this girl red it for me n she said it was the "EGR code", but didn't tell me any specific number or code, and said it could be a lose wire or I need a new gasket for EGR, the truck runs great until a week when I was a red light than I started driving again and it ideled faster, "almost sound" like I shifted the gears but just in the idel not actual gears, any ideas on what it could be?

thanks Mike

Old 12-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Beginning Member
sjmcarz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NoPantsAndy
I think I am going to do this and the MAF this weekend. Will the CEL light come automatically when I start it up withouth the EGR installed? If so how do you get the light to turn off?

Why not just plug in the EGR when you run the engine? This could be done right after you remove it or when you're done cleaning it. Worked for me, no CEL light.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:16 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
If it is a late model 2002, you do not have an EGR valve. If it is not in that location, you have the later model.
so if we don't have an EGR valve, what do we have?
Chevy did away with it or re-routes the exhaust gases another way?

Old 02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Beginning Member
nTro is on a distinguished road

A big thank you for this article. My 95 is definitely running better as a result. The MAF is next, but I'll need to find it on the 95. Its not in the same spot as on the 96 you took pictures of.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll save you some time. A 95 doesn't have a MAF sensor.

Quick Reply: How-To: EGR Valve Cleaning - DISCUSSION THREAD