Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

How to: Quad Beam Mod 2nd Gen - DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 07:38 PM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

boost3d, I used one relay relay... I don't remember exactly but I did some research and here is what I came up with - the numbers relate to the ones on the relay so the wires should go from that number prong on the relay to the wire specified. Hope it works. when I have time, I will take my headlight assembly apart and take some pics.

30 - Vehicle Ground
85 - High Beam wire - Purple Wire
86 - Low Beam wire - I think its the yellow one
87 - Low Beam Ground wire - I think it is the blue one

Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Beginning Member
boost3d is on a distinguished road

SVD, Thanks for the advice. Will try it first thing in the morning and see what happens.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

So grounding out the yellow wire (ON Both Bulbs?) is for the 2000 blazer, the Relay setup is for earlier S10s?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by svd85
boost3d, I used one relay relay... I don't remember exactly but I did some research and here is what I came up with - the numbers relate to the ones on the relay so the wires should go from that number prong on the relay to the wire specified. Hope it works. when I have time, I will take my headlight assembly apart and take some pics.

30 - Vehicle Ground
85 - High Beam wire - Purple Wire
86 - Low Beam wire - I think its the yellow one
87 - Low Beam Ground wire - I think it is the blue one
I'm confused now. The very first post looked like the later S10 just had a grounded wire, Now I see a relay setup and SVD85 has a 2000 S10 in his profile.
I wish I had a wiring diagram for the 2000, I could make sense as to what's going on by jumping Yellow to ground, if all else failed, I'd create my own setup.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the schematic from my thread on the subject:

Old 03-17-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by boost3d
SVD what method did you use? Did you just ground out the yellow on the low beam?
Thanks. I have tried multiple ways and it hasnt worked. My friend did it on his 1998 k1500 and is trying to help me but with no luck.
Lots of info here for different years. This link might lead you to page two or three, just go back to page one if it does.
What makes me a bit nervous is that one guy said he burnt a wire on his steering column.
http://www.zr2usa.com/mboard/index.p...pic=6098&st=40

Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Beginning Member
boost3d is on a distinguished road

I got her. Thanks Fellas!

Old 05-23-2010, 10:31 PM
mykeboy01 is on a distinguished road

I did the first mentioned method (grounding the yellow wire on the low beam) on my 02', and it works AWESOME!!! My only problem, which I noticed today, is that as soon as I shift it into gear, my low beams come on full blast, and I cannot kill them! They are not on while in park. I did do the DRL (bending the fuses) / AHL (relay) disable. Is there something I can do to stop my lights from comming on automatically? And, I did try just grounding the drivers side, and just the passengers side separatly, but to no avail. There must be something...when in gear, they still shut off when I engage the e-brake...I totally give up!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM
DarkPhantom27 is on a distinguished road

My only question is, where did you guys get the relay from, is it new, and if so where do you recommend it be bought at.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:38 PM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can buy it at any auto place like autozone etc

Quick Reply: How to: Quad Beam Mod 2nd Gen - DISCUSSION THREAD