Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

1993 s-blazer double din

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member
jshultz78 is on a distinguished road
Cool 1993 s-blazer double din finished install

I've finally finished my project, I posted a pic in another thread, but it was a junky pic, I've got more pics now. Plus I re-did the bezel, I didn't like how the first one turned out.

First had to use a heat gun and push the vent tubing back in the dash about 1 - 1.5" or so. Otherwise the deck would have set too far out. I wanted it to sit farther in but It's as far back as I could get it without completely destroying the vent tubing. That's all the dash mods you have to do. It will fit between the bottom of the vents and the ashtray "roof" without having to cut anything.

By jshultz78

Picked up a couple of bezels at a junkyard so I would have more than one chance at it.
I used my dremel to cut out the flat part on the left side of the radio, and on the right side to fill in the gap I just used a piece of abs plastic and glued it in from the back, You also have to trim out the bottom half of the "visor lip". Then I completly removed the bottom bar that runs across the bezel. I had to cut the hole for the hatch switch because all they had was s10 pickups at this yard. I had a usb mounting bracket that I found at my shop and I mounted it in the cigarette lighter since I never use it anyways. The paint is SIMS brand navy blue, It looks purple in this picture because of the flourescent lighting in my kitchen. but in the truck in sunlinght it's almost a dead ringer for the oem blue. I also had to make the front of the bezel taller, notice by my hand and on the right side also, I used to small strips of abs plastic superglued to the bottom of the bezel, otherwise there would have been about 1/4 gap between the bezel and the ashtray.

I took apart the lighter and glued the handle to the usb cable dust cover. So when not in use I can just plug the lighter back in and it looks stock.

I got bored at work today and found an old double din factory tape deck and made my own anti theft deterrent. Pulled the face off and glued the buttons back on. I used a little strip of aluminum I had laying around to make a lip for it to sit on the edge of the ashtray.

I'll get some finished shots tomorrow after the paint finishes curing tonight..

Last edited by jshultz78; 01-01-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road

That should look pretty nice. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Beginning Member

Finished product.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:21 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

good job with the dvd mounting and trim job. i, really impressed at how clean it is too. the whole truck i mean. i can never keep mine that clean.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Beginning Member

I just got finished detailing the truck, shampooing the carpets/seats and cleaning everything when I took the pics. I guess it's the flash on my camera that makes the bezel stand out, but in person it matches almost perfect.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:03 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Looks real good. What 7" monitor is that? And how are you liking it so far?

Old 01-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Beginning Member

pioneer avh-p4100dvd. I love it. great picture, I manily got it for ipod control but the dvd player is a plus on long drives. I've only had it a little less than a month, No problems so far.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
cippdogg is on a distinguished road
Default Double din

Did u use a double din dash kit at all??

Old 09-30-2023, 06:54 AM
Starting Member
Gary, Turner Audio Dezines is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old thread and I was hoping to see pics of the work but none of them are showing