Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

1995 s10 blazer 4 doors stock speakers question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 06:28 AM
Beginning Member
dbelcourt is on a distinguished road
Question 1995 s10 blazer 4 doors stock speakers question

Hi,

Pick up this blazer for the kids. It only has front passenger speaker working and a stock Delco cd HU. As far as I can tell, speaker system is 4x6.5" in doors and 2x front tweet in dash. I pulled and tested non-working drivers side door speakers and they are opened. What confused me is back one is marked 9.5 ohm and front is 4 ohm? Diagrams I've seen has tweeters in parallel with front doors. The vehicle shows signs of previous audio mods, guessing a rear amp at some point. Aside from taping into rear speaker wires, harness looks intact. I can't rull out some speakers were replaced and someone bolted in whatever they had on hand that said Delco. Can anyone tell me the impedance of the stock speakers all around? I'm planning to get 4 cheap speakers and wrap up this project quickly. Hopefully less than $50. Your help will be appreciated.

Both Delco, but front is marked 4ohm, rear 9.5ohm.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:18 AM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Odd mix. You know that does not really matter. Match speakers to the radio your using. Only thing that counts is sized to fit the space your putting them into. Check wiring with simple multimeter, make sure good from speaker to radio. Hook up and let the kids enjoy. If keeping the stock radio look up on web if markings not on unit. Bench test if possible before reinstalling.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:32 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I think they used the 9.5 in the back for a deeper sound.

edit:

the deeper sound is what creates a more surround sound, with the mids in the doors and vocals more on the dash. I need to have all my speakers working, drives me crazy when ones out, because that all I focus on, the lack of sound from that space lol...

Old 03-12-2019, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
I need to have all my speakers working, drives me crazy when ones out, because that all I focus on, the lack of sound from that space lol...
My truck would drive you nuts, then! The rear door speakers are blown, as are the ones in the dash. All I've got are the two front door speakers!
​​​

Old 04-03-2019, 08:31 PM
Beginning Member
dbelcourt is on a distinguished road

I ended up getting 2 pairs of cheap 4ohms. Sounds ok, for $40 worth of speakers and stock Delco head. I barely got the screws of 6.5" speakers to bite into the OEM plastic ring.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:56 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I think the Kenwood speakers I replaced my oem with were 5.25", in all 4 doors. Then Pioneer 4x6's in the dash where the tweeters and speaker brackets were. Sounds good.

I used Crutchfield for sizes, then googled part numbers I wanted to find the cheapest price.