Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

4 channel amp adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default 4 channel amp adjustments

i just got my 5 channel amp in from Pat and i need help knowinghow to adjust everything.its an Orion cs500.5.im not going to be using the 5th channel since i have another amp for my sub.

HPF: will the amp just play frequencies above the HPF setting? if i were to set it to the 450 mark, would it only play notes above 450hz?
LPF: if i were to set it at 200, would it only play notes below 200hz?

theres also a small 3way toggle switch to let you choose HPF FULL LPF. i assume HPF would just use the high pass filter and not have anything to do with the low pass filter and vice-versa for the LPF... if i set it at FULL, does that mean it wont use the HPF or LPF? i figure it would be best to keep it at FULL but idk. would it be better to use the HPF and LPF built into my headunit? (pioneer deh7600mp)

im notreal sure what to set the GAIN to (ROE calculator says a 15.5v speaker output, but im surea 50hz test track wouldnt work) and im not sure what XBC is.

THANKS! Pat [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 4 channel amp adjustments

High Pass cuts down frequencies below set range. They call this the Subsonic filter on a lot of bass amps...Low Pass does the opposite and cutsdown anything above set frequency.

The crossovers in your amplifier are better than the one in the headunit. I would utilize the HPF to cut out bass notes. Somewhere around 80-200Hz should be the sweet spot. Honestly, that amp is a bit confusing. Theres no reason the LPF should go all the way down to 30Hz lol...

I assume the XBC is your bass boost, which you should not have to worry about and just have it set all the way down...

Old 01-16-2008, 11:28 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: 4 channel amp adjustments

ORIGINAL: cloak01ls

...I would utilize the HPF to cut out bass notes. Somewhere around 80-200Hz should be the sweet spot...

thanks for the help... good thing the numbers on the dial are at suchperfectly spacedintervals, 30...70...450...1000...

i guess ill just have to play around with it once i get it hooked up. i knows there are a ton of threads about this but would anyone know any secret unmentioned spots on where to stash this baby at. its not a huge deal running it to the back but it would be SOOOOOOOOmuch easier if there were a spot up front... i dont know the exact dimensions of it but its a good 3" or so longer than my zx750