Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Bezel removing issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:55 PM
C@rpaholic is on a distinguished road
Default Bezel removing issues

I'm having a heck of a time removing that darned bezel off the dash. I've read the sticky on it here as well as watched a YouTube video of it as well.

I have removed the 4 screws under the steering column and that part drops fine. I then removed the two screws that were hidden. Finally, i removed the last screw above the instrument panel. I was able to remove the dome light and hatch controls as well. I don't have the 4wd panel.

It seems that the bezel is getting hung up where the steering column meets the bezel. I can't seem to get it to budge from there without it potentially cracking.

Is there some sort of secret I'm not just catching on to here or am I just overlooking something else?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:17 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

if you have a tilt wheel try tilting it all the way down i havent taken my bezel off my blazer, but a few other cars ive done required tilting the wheel down to get a little more room to wiggle things around.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:17 PM
PABlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

well first off what year do u have??? second there could b 2 screws holding it in or else the pressure clips... if u believe u have all the screws out just give it a good solid tug... it will take some pressure to get it to pop out.. and yes u r doing it the safe way by "dropping" the sterring colum

Old 06-06-2009, 01:19 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

In my 2001:

I unscrew it all
Pop off the bottom part
Turn the key on
Tilt the wheel as low as it'll go
Put the shifter into first..

That's the only way I can get mine out, if you try it, put bricks or something to stop the truck from rolling just incase your foot slips off the brake.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:31 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

^^ good point on moving the shifter lol i totally forgot about that.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:09 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I pulled the screws, dropped the steering wheel, started her up, put her in 1st with the brake depressed, and gave it "a good solid tug". Did a dandy job of removing my dash bezel. Just ensure you pull mostly straight back and you should have no problems, also, dont pull too TOO far as your light controls mount to the bezel from the rear side... 98+

**damn it okvortec... beat me to it...

Last edited by ABN31B; 06-06-2009 at 02:11 AM. Reason: let it sit too long
Old 06-06-2009, 02:47 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
**damn it okvortec... beat me to it...
Hehehe, I'd also like to point out to that I tried the tug method and cracked my dash right above where the 4x4 switches would be if I had 4x4.. so be careful!

Old 06-06-2009, 04:59 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

dosent it kind of clip in around the gauge cluster? I remember having to tug a bit there.....and snap it back in....

Old 06-06-2009, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by okvortec
In my 2001:

I unscrew it all
Pop off the bottom part
Turn the key on
Tilt the wheel as low as it'll go
Put the shifter into first..

That's the only way I can get mine out, if you try it, put bricks or something to stop the truck from rolling just incase your foot slips off the brake.
I'm going to give this a go later on.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:15 PM

:update

Shifting into first did the trick. I was able to get my cd player in no problem after that. Thanks for all the help.