Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

bose amp pop after deck install

Old 01-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Beginning Member
kaps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bose amp pop after deck install

Never popped before, it pops once at turn on and a slight pop when changing tracks on a CD only, not radio or iPod. I connected the blue amp turn-on wires correctly from Hillbillys suggestion. Using metra 21 pin harness and an Alpine CDA-9856 deck. On the metra harness bag it stated that there might be an amp ground, but there was no wire in particular harness, maybe thats it? Or I wired an additional amp lead to go to my subs I will be installing in a few minutes, the other lead is taped off so I know its not going to ground out until its installed. Any help? Google turned up that I might have to run a relay to slowly power the amp up, not sure if thats the cure or a band-aid to "fix" a problem.

The deck has an option to turn off its internal amp, it pops with it on and off.

The RCAs for the sub are the type that has the amp lead inbetween them, intereference even without it hooked up?

Not looking forward to ripping this back apart, so hopefully I can resolve this soon. Im off to hack saw my dashboard to fit the deck.

Thanks for any help!!

Old 01-20-2007, 04:49 AM
Beginning Member
kaps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: bose amp pop after deck install

Im now also getting a cracking noise at low volume. Sounds good at higher volume.Going to look into grounding the deck directly to the frame, but the closest spot I found was under the gauge panel about 2 feet away. I got my subs in also, kinda disappointed with the output, but I will try and fine tune everything later.

If anyone else has an idea to what to do I would appreciate it.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:21 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: bose amp pop after deck install

dont use that lead on RCA's as remote lead. use it as a ground. sometimes, factory amps just dont like to play. if you have access to resistors, you couls splice a 1k ohm resistor on remote turn on lead.