Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Bose Audio info needed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Beginning Member
hfxblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Bose Audio info needed?

Hi all new to the fourm. I just bought a 2000 trailblazer. It came with the bose audio and I'd like to add 1 sub. My question is I will be using a line in converter just wondering where the best place is to put it. I'm thinking behind the dash. Does the factory amp power all speakers or just the front? I just the factory wheel and bought some at a junk yard for $10 each. Tell me what you think

Attached Thumbnails Bose Audio info needed?-picture-021.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 03:28 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

first off, welcome. pop in the new member area and say hello.

for some reason i keep thinking the trailblazer with bose has a stock sub. i'm probably wrong.

personally, i have only once hooked up an LOC behind the radio.

i would put it wherever you have space first of all. last time i looked, there isn't a ton of space in the radio cavity.

factory amp powers all the speakers that came stock with the truck. if not, there would be no sound coming from the non powered speakers.

locate the factory amp, tap in to that and plug into your amp. you still need an amp, a sub, and a wiring kit for the amp for all this to work though