Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Car Audio Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
im getting a 12 inch sub and two 8 inch subs from a friend and i have no idea were to put them in my truck. the two 8 inch subs are in one box and the 12 inch sub is in its own box. so would just right behind the back seats be the best spot? (probably a really stupid question i know)
2 8's and 1 12 will sound nasty but bass is bass i guess. move them around and see what spot you like best. you wont die trying something as easy as that. not to be a d!ck but its all personal preference and your type of sub/enclosure. my last pair i had behind the back seats. this one i have in the back right corner. im an ex beat maker so everything has to sound crisp to me or i freak out. when it comes to bass, as long as its facing up or towards the back of the vehicle there shouldn't be much of a difference where its placed as long as its behind the back seats.

and MTopper im just gonna go with the wood sticks they are dirt cheap and carry them at any hobby store. i have no idea what they are called still... haha

question for you guys with dash speakers, dont you hate cars without them? music feels so blah.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:53 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

thats what i thought to but when i heard the system in his truck it was pretty bad ***. nice and clear with 3 amps and alpine mid range speakers, and tweeters.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

97 blazer. if you try and run both of those at the same time you will run into issues about overlap of the signal. The 8s will hit quicker than the 12 causing almost an echo effect.

if you were to set the crossover on the amps/radio for the 8s to play from say 63hz up to 100hz and the 12 inch to play from 63hz and down it'd sound better. but thats just my 2 cents.

you can have the worlds best equipment but it will sound like crap if you don't install it properly.

good luck with the setup and post up what you end up doing

Old 10-17-2010, 10:50 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

ok thanks for the advise, that makes sence. im kind of clueless when it comes to stereos and set up, but my buddy that's selling it to me had it set up so that it sounded really good in his truck. so im sure he had the two different amps for the subs set up with the way you said to do it, or something close. but i will definitely post how i set it up.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Dirty_Toy97 is on a distinguished road

Well i have had all sorts of audio an the only thing i know is go big or go home..but right now ive got one 12 inch sub mempis an a rockford amp an a sony cd player whichs is really good cause u can get them cheap sometimes with highs in the package too..wal-mart is a great place to get cheap stuff, but u got to know what ur buying too.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:21 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Lol, I wonder what you guys would think of me putting this in my blazer....

Logitech Z5500, I purchased it on a whim and got a great deal my freshman year in college... Sub hits nice and hard... Speakers are nice and crisp... And I have never pushed the limits with it, and still gotten complaints...

Old 10-17-2010, 11:28 PM

if its to loud ur to old..

Old 10-17-2010, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wlorton
Lol, I wonder what you guys would think of me putting this in my blazer....

Logitech Z5500, I purchased it on a whim and got a great deal my freshman year in college... Sub hits nice and hard... Speakers are nice and crisp... And I have never pushed the limits with it, and still gotten complaints...

i will erase you out of my life and never help you again. haha, they're meant for home use only

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
if its to loud ur to old..
i've read and heard that too many times.. it never gets old

Old 10-18-2010, 01:00 AM
zerepdivad is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dirty_Toy97
Well i have had all sorts of audio an the only thing i know is go big or go home..but right now ive got one 12 inch sub mempis an a rockford amp an a sony cd player whichs is really good cause u can get them cheap sometimes with highs in the package too..wal-mart is a great place to get cheap stuff, but u got to know what ur buying too.
eh i don't know if many will agree with you on that one....

Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MTopper
i will erase you out of my life and never help you again. haha, they're meant for home use only
Lol I know, I was joking.... Plus I would need a big *** inverter for it

Quick Reply: Car Audio Discussion