Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Circuit City install issue??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Starting Member
JediKnight2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Circuit City install issue??

I picked my truck up about a week ago, haven't had it that long. The one aggrivating thing that it did was when you start the truck, the door locks locked. When you turned the ignition off, it unlocked them. The unlock part wasn't bad, but the lock part was bad if you start the truck to warm it up and shut the door without thinking.....

Today I decided to replace the OLD Pioneer radio that came in the truck. A CD was stuck in it...and I wasn't going to have any of that. Inded up getting a Sony with Bluetooth...I had CC install it.......well....NOW the doors don't unlock OR lock....also my stearing column cover is loose, which I am sure is a screw that they missed. My question is....could the door locks in any way have been tied in with the old radio....or is this all coincidental???

BTW this is a 1997 GMC Jimmy 4x4 4-door

Old 12-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Circuit City install issue??

locks arent tied in any way at all. My guess is a wire came loose or a fuse is blown. What all did CC install??

Old 12-07-2007, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: JediKnight2

... The one aggrivating thing that it did was when you start the truck, the door locks locked. When you turned the ignition off, it unlocked them. The unlock part wasn't bad, but the lock part was bad if you start the truck to warm it up and shut the door without thinking.....

i think thats called "rolling locks" and there is a way to disable it by turning the key on then off then press some buttons... etc...etc.... im not real sure on the procedure but someone posted a thread a while back explaining how to deactivate it.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:33 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I posted the procedure some time back. Here's the thread.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:37 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just sharing my CC experience.
I got 4 Polk speakers and a Pioneer mp3/cd player installed, they moved everything (I understand, to make the job easier for them) but didn't move anything back to the right spot. Other than that, they messed something up on the radio. I'll post a new thread for this problem. I have to get it taken care of anyway.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Starting Member

They just installed the radio. The guy had the dash cover off, dropped the panel just below the stearing column....from what I remember that is about it...It was a big honkin insert they put in...but it is a BIG hole for the factory radio.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Starting Member

That wouldn't be a different fuse would it?....I mean the power locks still lock.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Starting Member

Well, they fixed my steering column cover, just a few tabs out of place. IN ADDITION, they figured out what the deal was with the power locks....come to find out I have an after market keyless entry system in the truck that neither I or my cousin knew about. Omega REC-11...now I have to figure out how to program it as it reset when the new radio was put in.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Upgrade to a nice alarm instead, so you know what's in there.