Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

in-dash lcd

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:42 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in-dash lcd

its probably wishful thinking but is there any decent in-dash dvd player in the 600 to 700 dollar price range?? obviously im not gonna get high-end for that. i just dont really see the point in spendin upwards of 1000 dollars or more on one unless i were to use my vehicle for show or if i stay in it a lot.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: in-dash lcd

Here is a Clarion LCD, check out this listing, there are about a dozen or so, from Clarion to Dual, to panasonic and others.Multimedia Receivers

Old 10-20-2006, 09:49 AM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

my friend just installed a DUAL brand 7" LCD Touchscreen all in one reciever in his truck. its nice, i will admit. he paid $588 at best buy for it. i have seen no signs of distress from it yet, he has had it for only a month or so but he has 2x 18" 5000 watt subs shaking his truck hard, if it works through that - you should be fine.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

check out this place
http://www.oznium.com/mobile-video

ive dealt with phil (the owner) from there a few times and he's great to work with. very good customer service and fast shipping

Old 11-03-2006, 06:57 PM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

the way to go is www.soniceletronix.com
they beat crutchfield in price and service by a mile. crutchfield wants a damned arm and a leg for **** that's 30% cheaper on sonicelectronix.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: mikeywaynebygod

the way to go is www.sonicelectronix.com
they beat crutchfield in price and service by a mile. crutchfield wants a damned arm and a leg for **** that's 30% cheaper on sonicelectronix.
Please edit your post to fix your link (as I have done in the quote above). You forgot the 'c' in eleCtronix... As the link is now, it sends you to a questionable automatically generated website. Also, please use the preview function and check your links before posting the message. You may be able to fix these mistakes before anyone else points them out to you.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:17 AM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

The prices of indash LCDs are dropping quickly as the new technology enters the market.

You can get a very nice system installed for $700 now adays.

Most head units are falling in the $300 to $600 range pending on options.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:17 PM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i kinda decided to not go with the in-dash lcd. they are all so plain looking when the screen is not out. i could always put some monitors in my visors or something down the road. i decided to pick up a good head unit. i went with the kenwood excelon kdc-x990.. mostly everything ive read on them is positive. i picked it up for 400 with 2nd day air from onlinecarstereo.com comes with a 1 year warranty crutchfield was askin 579 for it on their site.

anybody else here have that head-unit?