Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

do I need to upgrade anything for what I have?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ExplicitYourSelf
I'd like to know how that goes keep us updated btw how watts rms you putting out and how many batteries and what type you got?
is that directed at me? if so, you'll realize that screwed92 and i know a lot, can build a lot, but takes time for us to get the extra money for it all

Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he was just asking you how the alt swap goes since you mentioned it in your last post. Just like a "when you get it done post up the results" thing.

Even though, everybody asks about the AD244 swap. I write a full how to with pics and it has yet to have a single post in it besides me, lol. In the 2nd gens it should be bolt in except for the longer serp. belt. It's worth it just to hit the salvage yard and get one for $50 or so and pop it in, Explicityourself.

If it isn't what you like, you can sell the alt or use it as a core on a rebuild/remanufactured alt. But like MTop said, we poor 'round here, lol. It might be a while before he gets that alt. and posts up results. Just don't want you to think he was doing it this weekend or anything, waiting to see how the swap went.

As for my set-up I'm running under 1000 RMS right now cause I'm having low voltage problems. (Not because of the AD244 alt, was having this problem with last alt, has to be something in my wiring.) Some Autocraft platinum advance auto parts special under the hood for a battery. Big 3 in 1/0 wire. That's about it so far. As soon as I get my distrobution blocks and fuse and fuse holder I'm gonna redo the amp wiring with 1/0 wire also. I don't like the thought of 1500+ watts on Schosche 4 gauge from walmart, but that's just me.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road

we dhall wait and see when results will be poated. i wasnt really getting my hopes up on him getting it this weekend or anything, not like im in a hirry to get ine... lol wasting money isnt quite fun :P

Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

yeah, i wasn't in the greatest mood, i had some stuff going on to take care of.

anyways, right now i'm looking to get my differential looked at again. this shop has replaced it already, fixed their fix, and need to do it again... i'm a little angry.

after thats all figured out, i plan on the ad244, big 3, and running 0 gauge under the blazer, up next to the frame rails covered in tech flex and split loom. you'll see it later in the build section