Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Dynomat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:37 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dynomat?

I am planing on dynomating my blazer. So I just need to take off all the panels in the rear of my blazer and put them behind it all? From what I read dynomat helps give better quality out of your bass, how does this work out?

Old 01-06-2007, 01:30 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Dynomat?

dynamat reduces rattles and stiffens everything up. rattles rob you of db.

there are PLENTY cheaper mats than dynamat......edead, second skin, fatmat, to name a few.

although the dynamat extreme is expensive, it probably works the best. Some have to be heated with a heat gun to be properly applied, some dont.....

theres a little more to it than just taking the panels off and slappin it on, I've heard its easier to go 4"x10"(W-L) and chop when necessary. I'm lazy and had a shop put mine on.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:50 AM
jah19862003 is an unknown quantity at this point

to answer your ? dynamat doesn't have to be installed under the panels to work, I have 2 wedge packs which are 4 cubic feet, and it covers the entire middle section of my rear cargo area and my sound quality has gone way up and a lot less rattling all around, the only problem I had was my subs sit on top of the panel of dynamat and it slides around a lot I am getting some "L" shaped brackets tommorrow to hold it in place, but yeah overall it works excellent I highly recommend it. btw here is a pic of my set up.

sorry for the crappy pic but it's all I have hope it helps.

ps

I had to use an iron and a towelto get the sticky stuff to melt and adhere properly

*EDIT: swartlkk* - added image tags to the long link...

Old 01-06-2007, 02:09 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you have the box sit on dynamat?

Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 AM

bc that's the ideal place to put my box..... trust me I have tried it in many different positions and it sounded like crap, but when they are put all the way in the back like in the pic they pound like there is no tommorrow, plus with having the dynamat under the box and on the floor it absorbs all the road noise that I used to hear a lot of now I hear clear bass with little to no rattle at all.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:29 AM
Beginning Member
wolv2401 is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, if you read on the side of any dynomax ad or box, it will tell you that it is not intended to stop rattling in your vehicle. What it does is not allow sound to pass through it,which in turnprevents soundfrom escapingthrough it to other panels thatresult in rattling. Basically, since the sound is killed before it gets to outer panels, you don't hear as much rattling as you would without it. But they will not guarantee that the dynomat will get rid of rattling, it just works out that way because the sound doesn't sneak through.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:54 AM

regardless it still keeps the rattling to a minimum, am I not correct??

Old 01-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Dynomat, when applied to the sheetmetal behind/under/above all of the interior trim/carpet will also greatly reduce road noise.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:42 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Jah, you stuck it right to the carpet?????

can also be used as a heat barrier on the fire wall and floor boards....

I had some serious rattles in my front doors and 2 layers of edead shut it right up.......I also have 1 layer on the side panels to the back of the cargo area.....GREATLY reduced rattles and road noise, worth every cent IMO

Old 01-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

peel n seal from HD or Lowes works about the same and a lil cheaper