Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Dynomat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 02:13 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Dynomat?

hillbilly, does that stuff stink if its out in the sun........?

Old 01-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

nope. not after you put it on. used it on about 50 different cars.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:23 PM
jah19862003 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah I stuck it right to the carpet, it works just the same wether it's underneath or above it does what it's supposed to do.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

And then when you want to do it properly, you'll have to rip the carpet up and put new stuff in.

I would never ever think about ruining my cargo area/carpet like that. If you had it under the carpet you could glue strips of velcro under the box to keep it in place, would look much cleaner.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:08 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Does this peel n seal work good? Where do you guys buy it, I cant find it on HD's website or anywhere...

Old 01-06-2007, 08:10 PM

well why don't you worry about your system and truck and I will worry about mine, ok.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Beginning Member
wolv2401 is an unknown quantity at this point

It will help with the rattling, but that is not what it is supposed to do....just how it works out. You want to stop rattling -Get out your drill and start tightening everything down. And yes, dynomat will also help reduce exterior noise from getting in, but that really doesn't make a difference since the sound in the back of the vehicle is limited by your muffler anyhow.

I have always had the best results putting dynomat under the carpet on the vehicle itself, not on the carpet. It is much easier for the adhesive on the dynomat to stick to the metal than to the carpet.

...just a few thoughts...

Old 01-06-2007, 11:00 PM

it works bottom line.. ok

Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The actual application for dynamat, peel-n-seal, etc is to apply it directly to the sheet metal to keep it from transmitting noise. By applying it to the sheet metal, it dampens any vibration that may transmit through it. Guess what noise is.

By sticking it on the carpet... Well... Carpet isn't really a good transmitter of vibrations/noise... But you don't have to get all worked up about it.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:27 PM
splat is an unknown quantity at this point

In my 97 protege, I lined the whole trunk(took out the carpet first) with about 6 cans of underbody coating that sprays on. Worked really well with keeping some of the sound in.