Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Factory Headunit

Old 03-31-2007, 02:09 AM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Factory Headunit

I did a search already to see if there were any other posts that answered my question and I could not find any. I am going to buy aftermarket speakers as covered in other posts, my question is; does anyone know what the factory headunit on a non-bose system putts out in wattage to each channel (4) and would this change at all if it was a factory installed bose headunit.

I hope this wasn't posted before and somehow I missed it.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:03 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Factory Headunit

not too much.......not enough to run a decent set of comps well. maybe around 10 watts per channel. anything and everything will sound 100% better with a dedicated amp. A small hassel for a big reward.

I'm sure a bose system is better quality......the speakers that were taken out of my doors were pretty sad.

Why not go with an aftermarket deck and a small 4 channel......will get ALOT more function and control, not to mention sound......but remember, speakers are not for bass.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:17 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure the factory bose headunit puts out more wattage than the non-bose one, but don't trust my word for it.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-31-2007, 07:35 AM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: DankBlazer

I'm sure the factory bose headunit puts out more wattage than the non-bose one, but don't trust my word for it.
[align=left] [/align]
no! the bose units, at least the ones i am familiar with put out much less power to the speakers due to the fact that each indavidual speaker has its own amplafier. these units are not compatable with aftermarket parts, i.e. you can not replace the deck, and leave the speakers, or vice versa. keep in mind that this is the bose system only, there are alot of shops around here that know how to diable the amplafiers on the speakers so that an aftermarket deck will work with them, but i dont know how and i know that they will not work unless modified. maybe someone on here knows how to do it but i dont, when i run into a bose system i just replace everythign. speakers arnt that much more and they will be better than the bose in most cases.

ps. dankblazer im not trying to be a dick just dont want anyone to fry their stuff.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Doc_G is an unknown quantity at this point

As for the bose amplified speakers simply bypass the amp and run your own wires.

For much less hassle just replace the headunit and the speakers. I will cost a bit more in the short run, but be more than worth it in the long run if you go w/an after market amplifier at some point. AS PREVIOUSLY POSTED SPEAKERS ARE NOT FOR BASS. Mid ranges such as 6x9's or 5x7's are ment as a filler not a sub woofer.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand speakers are not for bass, I have two 12" CompVR's at the moment but will probably switch to a 15" L7, so I will have my bass covered. My problem is, is that I don't like the idea of running a 4 channel amp from my back to the speakers. Also, I wasn't planning on switching headunits because I want to keep the steering wheel controls and the speed compensated volume. If I can keep both of those things with an aftermarket headunit then please let me know!

Old 03-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

steerwing wheel controls yes, but will require an adaptor. like at pac-audio.com

Old 03-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point

i feel the same way about the speed volume, i havent found one yet but i havent looked to hard. ive been working on other aspects so far. i am sure somebodys got to have one, i am also sure that it is one of the higher end models. let me and all of us know if you find one.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:06 PM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow I knew the bose systems had an amp, just like the monsoons, it was 2:00am! Sorry []

' Don't trust my word for it, [&:] '
[align=left] [/align]