Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Firewall Access???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 12:48 AM
madeforliving is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Firewall Access???

Hello, Im a noob to the site and recently purchased my dads '96 Blazer from him.Iam installing the subs i had in my last car. After much searching and pulling apart the dash i cannot seem to find a hole in the firewall to run my power wirethat is accessible from the engine bay. AmIblind? Is there some secret word i have to say? This problem is driving me crazy and im about sick ofsearching. Please Help!!

Old 02-16-2008, 12:57 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Firewall Access???

on the passenger floorboard, pull the plastic kickpanel out and pull the carpet back. theres a rubber/foam pad that should lift up. under that there should be a big rubber stopper where the antenna wire goes through. theres about a 1" hole under that stopper.if you turn the wheels all the way to the right, you can reach through the fenderwell through that little flap and you can feel where the wire comes through.

you can fit the power wire all the way down the pass side trim on the floorboard

Old 02-16-2008, 12:59 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Firewall Access???

Pictures of ^ here in post #7.