Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

I need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:30 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: I need your opinion

I appreciate all the info guys, I'm gonna look at all the options 'cause I don't plan on replacing my unit til mid February, after the repairs at the body shop.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:22 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

with SOny products, you are just paying that much for them name, the only products that sony is good at is TV's and laptops. Eclipse, Alpine, Pioneer, JVC all make solid decks.
Scratch that, TV's only, lol, their laptops aren't up to par anymore... unless they've gotten better in the past 2 years...

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

I appreciate all the info guys, I'm gonna look at all the options 'cause I don't plan on replacing my unit til mid February, after the repairs at the body shop.

Don't forget about Panasonic, the last Panny deck I had worked great until my brother borked it... I love my old Alpine CDA-9827 (sitting in my room now, plays music when the computer is off...) Using my bosses old Alpine CDA-9831 which is having some issues... but it _was_ in a Kia product, lol, I'll probably be upgrading to another alpine when I get the money... just plug & play for me.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:50 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Just reviving my old post to let you know what I wound up with.
It's a JVC cd receiver, mp3, wma, satellite ready. KD-AR480/KD-G430. So far I'm not to impressed, it sounds ok but it seems to be a little harder to adjust the sound controls that it was with the Sony. The installers did a lousy job, they didn't set it up at all so when I called to say that the right front speaker wasn't working at all they just asked if it was working before. It was working with the old stereo and the installer had my phone # so he could have called and asked me when he actually had the truck in his shop.
Oh well, if I decide it's not what I want, I'll put it in my boat and buy another one for the truck.

Thanks again for all your input guys.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 PM
BF Veteran

So I fixed the problem today. The right front speaker wasn't working because the previous installer ran a separate set of wires to the r/f speaker. The last installer just tapped into the factory wiring that should go to the speaker.
It took me about 15 minutes to remove the dash pad and spot the problem.
This is a perfect example of why I don't like anyone working on my own vehicles except me!