Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

LH FWD speaker cuts out

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 05:46 AM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LH FWD speaker cuts out

My left foward speaker, in the door, randomly cuts out. Is this just bad wiring, or bad speaker? I don't really wanna go tearing through my door panel to figure it out if it's just a bad speaker.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:18 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: LH FWD speaker cuts out

The connection might be loose to the speaker. Try to open and shut the door to see if that works.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

sure osunds like bad wiring to me but it could also be a speaker gng out. sorry, only way to know for sure is to pull panel off.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:56 AM
Lee

I've done the ole "beat on it while driving" thing. Guess I'm just gonna have to pull it off. Hopefully it'll be a bad speaker, gimme an excuse to buy new ones.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:16 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Yea the stock speakers suck anyways. When i get my car new in 01 i ripped those speakers out within 5k miles.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

The door panel romoval isn't so bad. There are one ortwo 7mm hex-head screws under the solid handle, you'll need deep sockets and maybe an extension to get those, then the phillips screw behind the latch handle. Other than those it's all christmas tree clips and the top of the door (by the window) wraps around the metal of the door. Put your window down so you don't scratch it and pull the panel away starting at the bottom, then lift it up.

If you know how to solder wires to tabs it would be a good idea (if they're actually loose) so you don't have to rip it apart again.

To put the panel back on just do that stuff in reverse order paying special attention to the top of the panel that goes near the window.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Lee

ORIGINAL: TheBrettster

Yea the stock speakers suck anyways. When i get my car new in 01 i ripped those speakers out within 5k miles.
They're actually not stock ones, previous owner installed Rockford Fosgate fronts and crappy Concept rears. Thanks 88, I just gotta find the time to do it, work is consuming my soul at the rate of 14 hours a day so I may just drop it off somewhere and pick it up when I have a weekend.