Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

need help connecting power wire from battery to into the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 03:42 PM
randallsblazen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help connecting power wire from battery to into the car

hey i neeed helppp...i just bought a 95 blazer and i put in all new speakers ..i bought two 12" alpine type S and i just cant find where to run the wire from the battery through my car to my amp.... can someone please helppp!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: need help connecting power wire from battery to into the car

The easiest location (which has been covered quite well in past threads) is to run the wire through the grommet that the antenna wire uses. It is located to the left of the transmission tunnel on the passenger side. You can locate it by looking up under the dash. You may have to remove a trim panel and/or pull back the carpet/sound-deadener.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:47 PM
my
Beginning Member
my is an unknown quantity at this point

i could not run my amp wire throught their so i had to drill a new hole i did it up nex to the iner fender but when you do it just be carfull to not hit wirers or somthing stupid like that

Old 03-09-2009, 05:12 PM
onecrazyfoo4u is an unknown quantity at this point

Why could you not fit it? How big of wire run was it? Just curious....

Old 03-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Beginning Member
Hotfingers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It worked for me.

I just ran a 4 and an 8 gauge through mine this afternoon. I just gave the rubber grommet a little slice with a razor and put the 8 gauge through enough until I could reach it in the engine compartment. Then I taped the 4 gauge on to the 8 and pulled them both through together.