Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New stereo System

Old 12-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Starting Member
AustinLost is on a distinguished road
Default New stereo System

so i plan on Putting a new stereo system in my Blazer i saw all the forum stickies about all these settings for speakers and such, Will i need to worry about that? i am just putting new speakers and a radio control so i assume i wont. Thank you!
(side question; i need a control with antenna compatibility correct?)

Also looking at double din's, any recommended units for under 200$? (i know it wont be perfect at that price)

Last edited by AustinLost; 12-09-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:01 PM
89rustyk5blazer is on a distinguished road

If you are just changing the head unit and speakers, there is nothing to do but change parts. Adjust your bass, mids amd treble until it sounds good to you.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AustinLost
so i plan on Putting a new stereo system in my Blazer i saw all the forum stickies about all these settings for speakers and such, Will i need to worry about that? i am just putting new speakers and a radio control so i assume i wont. Thank you!
(side question; i need a control with antenna compatibility correct?)

Also looking at double din's, any recommended units for under 200$? (i know it wont be perfect at that price)
Your post isn`t that clear about what your looking for.But it`s plain and simple when you change out a stereo.You`ll always have to adjust sound to your likings.Mostly all stereos come with antenna leads.I`ve never came upon a stereo that didn`t have antenna hook up.It looks like your asking what brand you should buy?I would lean towards the infamous JVC brand.I`ve always bought JVC in the past.Infact I used to own a 1981 Chevy malibu,that had the JVC stereo in her.The first stereo lasted 15 yrs. until someone broke in my car and stole my (cassette deck) stereo.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:51 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

If you mean a double din with dvd screen, then under $200 will get you not much more than a Chinese knockoff from ebay. Not what I would suggest. It may work for a while, but it'll probably sound like garbage.