Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

No sound from speakers

Old 04-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Beginning Member
MellowedZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No sound from speakers

Hey Guys I am new to this specific forum since I am new to the Blazer Community but not forums in general, I bought an 02 Blazer ZR2 two weeks ago, and when purchased the CD player did not work, but the radio did. So I didn't make a fuss about this due to the fact I had a system to install anyway. Well I install the system and everything is hunky dorry, but this morning I get in the truck, and start driving only to notice there is no sound coming from the speakers, so I cycle through the radio, cd and off a couple of times thinking maybe a glitch, and no success, I cycled the ignition, thinking maybe a glitch there, and no luck. So I get home, and remove the aftermarket HU and plug up the stock unit(to my surprise the radio presets stayed) and still no sound, I am lost. I have check the fuses and there seems to be no problems there. I don't have an owners manual, and I have went through all 28 pages in this thread looking for some place to check next and no luck. If any of you guys can help I would greatly appreciate it

Much Thanks,
Joel

Old 04-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: No sound from speakers

i would think that you have a dead short in one of the speakers. on some cars, if one wire is loose and grounding out, will kill all the others. Was this system working before the other day???? I dont think you have a factory amp, but you might. did you hook up the blue wire from aftermarket HU to anything????

Old 04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Beginning Member
MellowedZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it worked fine all the way up to today. I checked out the wiring harness and there isn't a wire that would connect to the amp. I know which wire you are talking about but the truck harness has no wire for it.
Joel

Old 04-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

then you either have a loose wire, or the stereo is shot. You can disconnect the speaker wires at the HU and test them with a 9v battery. touching wires to pos and neg terminal on battery. If the wiring is fine, you will hear a pop from the speaker

Old 04-09-2007, 11:30 AM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point

when I put my new headunit in the other day, I crimped and capped the wires between the harnesses and actually pulled out a wire from the harness that plugs into the oem one. take both wiring harness out (the headunit one and the one that goes to the factory harness) and make sure there are no loose wires.