Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

One sub hitting harder

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Beginning Member
alpinesubs is on a distinguished road

With the jumper setup basically both voice coil terminals are on one side of the sub with the positive and negative rite next to each other and you just plug the jumper into both negatives. Best picture I found of the terminals... and that is NOT how I have it wired but should give the Idea

Old 09-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

2 dual 4 ohm drivers can not and will not ever be down to 2 ohms. no matter how you wire them. the best solution for you is run it at 4 ohms. run it just like the picture but with your "jumpers" take one of them and put it in the middle two which would be negative to positive. then do the same exact thing on the other sub. you should have two positive wires and two negative wires. going to your terminal on your box.

should have got the BTL. the Q is bomb.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:41 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

JShark for the mfw. i'd have to agree with him. if your amp was 1 ohm stable (which it isn't) you'd be fine. you're going to have to run them at a 4 ohm load no matter what configuration you try. your best bet is to either buy a new amp or sell the subs. either way, 2 ohms ain't happening. i blanked when i was typing last night and couldn't picture what you were saying so thats why i said ask the others

Old 09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

subs that can be jumped usually have the jumpers already on them. I didn't think the alpines had jumpers. That is how I had my alpines hooked up the day I had them. two positive and two negative going to each sub. I'm not sure if my alpines were 2 ohms or 4. I didn't have them long enough to know much about them. I'd say you should do some more research about different subs and amps to see what would be best fit for you, there's tons of info out there on different sub setups. don't always believe what the "guy at best buy" says.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by JShark
2 dual 4 ohm drivers can not and will not ever be down to 2 ohms. no matter how you wire them. the best solution for you is run it at 4 ohms. run it just like the picture but with your "jumpers" take one of them and put it in the middle two which would be negative to positive. then do the same exact thing on the other sub. you should have two positive wires and two negative wires. going to your terminal on your box.

should have got the BTL. the Q is bomb.
The subs I bought are 2ohms. Cant believe I forgot to mention that lol
I will post pics up within the hour hopefully

Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 PM
BF Veteran

are they dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm?

Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

they are probably dual 2 ohm

Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Beginning Member

they re dual 2 ohm

Old 09-28-2010, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran

ok, wire the jumpers on the subs so that each is presenting a 4 ohm load and then wire the actual sub in parallel. Positive from sub to positive of other, negative to negative and back to box. there is your 2 ohm load.

OR, wire each sub parallel to present 2 1 ohm loads, then you wire in series which is probably easier. Positive from terminal to positive on one sub, negative from 1st sub to positive of second sub, negative of 2nd sub back to terminal of box and you're good.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Beginning Member

Ok thanks man I will try that ASAP tomorrow but I am almost starting to think that it is the box. Im gonna get a ported box soon and can't wait. The subs bump pretty hard now and Id really like to hear them in a ported. But honestly I think that these subs are what Im looking for. Once I get them in a ported and get my new alt I think Il be set till next spring when I can afford a 18 inch Fi BTL!!

Quick Reply: One sub hitting harder