Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Is this price fair?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road
Default Is this price fair?

I just got off the phone with my local audio shop (Sound Solutions) and they told me that to have my headunit replaced with one with a cd player it would be 200 including labor and parts, and to replace the front speakers 150, and rear 140 (that all includes the speakers wires and labor). Does that seem fair? I think its a good price.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Really depends on the components used. Most stereos cost more than $200 just for the head unit...

Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe, i got my Apline CDE-9881 for 60 bucks =D. Anyway, yeah, without a part number, I can't help you to determine if its a good deal or not.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Starting Member

How about this lol, are my rear speakers 4 or 8 ohm? I am just gonna replace them

Old 05-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Beginning Member
CDJr is on a distinguished road

Thats pretty cheap alright, even for labor, which Im sure most of it is. Personally, Id suggest taking that same money and finding equipment and doing it yourself cuz youll learn how it works and have a far better system.

You too, Pablo? I got my CDA-9884 for like $66

OOPs, I forgot, Im sure the rears are 4 ohm, Crestwood.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
I just got off the phone with my local audio shop (Sound Solutions) and they told me that to have my headunit replaced with one with a cd player it would be 200 including labor and parts, and to replace the front speakers 150, and rear 140 (that all includes the speakers wires and labor). Does that seem fair? I think its a good price.
You live in MD by chance? I went to this place called Sound Solutions about getting subs installed with an amplifier. Really seemed like they were trying to rip me off because I was young, they quoted me like $415 for their amplifier, wiring and labor. They said if I bought from them they would give me in house labor at $75/hour x 2. I shopped online, found a better amplifier for less and the wiring is a bit more but im only paying for one hour of labor now. People working there didn't seem all that knowledgeable either and it was a new store in the area. This is the website(we may be talking about two different stores) : http://www.soundsolutionsmd.com/Mobile_Electronics.html

Old 05-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Starting Member

Na i live in PA and i have had them work on my other vehicles, now for something simple yes their labor is not cheap but for something that would require u to do a ton of wiring u cannot beat it, like they want 55 bucks to put in my new rears, i can do it myself for free, but if i wanted my system rewired then its not a bad deal cause that gets complicated

Old 05-23-2009, 06:00 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rp9110
You live in MD by chance? I went to this place called Sound Solutions about getting subs installed with an amplifier. Really seemed like they were trying to rip me off because I was young, they quoted me like $415 for their amplifier, wiring and labor. They said if I bought from them they would give me in house labor at $75/hour x 2. I shopped online, found a better amplifier for less and the wiring is a bit more but im only paying for one hour of labor now. People working there didn't seem all that knowledgeable either and it was a new store in the area. This is the website(we may be talking about two different stores) : http://www.soundsolutionsmd.com/Mobile_Electronics.html

Ha the ole you're in Maryland you're screwed thing....I go to virginia for all my stuff now. It's worth the drive! Check out my "replacement doors" post!

Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oisinirish
Ha the ole you're in Maryland you're screwed thing....I go to virginia for all my stuff now. It's worth the drive! Check out my "replacement doors" post!
Haha, I just went ahead with Best Buy because for them to wire the amp its only 69.99. My subs came mounted in the enclosure and wired already which is pretty plug and play. Their wiring kit seemed expensive but it includes just about everything needed.