General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Might be selling my Blazer. What's a fair price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Beginning Member
Dozer is on a distinguished road
Default Might be selling my Blazer. What's a fair price?

I am not really wanting to sell my Blazer here. Just wanted some opinions on a fair price from fellow Blazer owners. I have several younger people that live around me that have expressed interest in buying her from me when I decided to let her go. They are young and looking to buy their first vehicle so they don't have much money, I might even need to do a payment plan with them.

With that said, I hope this post is allowed here.

My Blazer is a 2000 LS 4X4 and has a little over 150,000 miles. V-6, power windows, locks, cruise, am/fm w/CD player. AC works great. Everything works.

I've replaced in the last couple of years the fuel pump, intake manifold gasket, MAF sensor, catalytic, radiator, ball joints... I am sure there is more but I am having brain farts trying to remember right now. Brakes are good and tires are almost new.

It needs a tune up(plugs/wires) and I am getting the ABS light intermittent problem telling me she is due for new wheel bearings. So there is that cost to pass on to the purchaser.

It has been wrecked, front end was damaged badly but she has been repaired. Hood is slightly misaligned and causes problems popping the hood on it. It drives fine, no problem with the front end. You can see rust around the wheel wells in spots.

I would be doing repairs myself soon but I am being given a 2004 Mazda pickup by my Mother-In-Law that only has 50,000 miles on it. My Father-In-Law passed away and he kept it clean. Truck looks almost like it rolled off the showroom. So keeping the Blazer is just an added insurance cost I don't need and upkeep is a headache I don't want to deal with.

I don't want to gouge these kids and I don't want to give it away either. Kelley Blue Book puts it at $2400 in fair condition for a private sale. Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Might be selling my Blazer.  What's a fair price?-full.jpg  
Old 08-12-2014, 08:30 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Well, kbb is always on the high side...I would guess around $1600.00??? that would be about what I might be willing to pay....however that's me! For me there has to be some incentive for me doing the work, not just cost of parts plus vehicle equal it's value.....

Old 08-12-2014, 09:06 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

kbb only put that at 2400? That is crazy, I just did kbb on my 93 jimmy (had to do it as a 93 since they remove 93 recently for some reason) and they valued it at 2800.

I would start at 2200obo and see what happens.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Beginning Member
Dozer is on a distinguished road

Kelley puts it at $2400-$2800 for fair to good condition. I was leaning to the fair side just to give a good price to help one of these kids out. I looked it up on Edmunds and they put it at $1600!?!? I was blown away, figured it would be more.

But I guess it is a 15 year old vehicle. Been through a lot with her, including expensive repairs. HAHA. I certainly won't miss the quirks and oddball expensive things that go wrong with Blazers.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:33 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Since you are not selling your truck, this thread is moved to 'General Chat'.*