Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

PSP to car system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:23 AM
95BlacerMississippi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PSP to car system?

dose anyone know if it is possable to hoop up a PSP to your car audio system?
all i want to do is be able to get the sound to go threw my headunit to my speakers for watching movies(be able to hear them) I dont want to run the video. I am adding a 1/2 din dvd reciver and screens in my sunvisors.

I would like to be able to mount my psp on the dash to watch the UMD MOVIES BUT BE ABLE TO REMOVE IT TO PLAY THE GAMES.
if it is possable to do can someone please tell me what i would need to get where i can get it and how much it would cost.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:39 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: PSP to car system?

I had it. Easy to setup. You can either fiberglass something to hol the PSP or just use the little stand and velcro. To play through speakers u NEED a FM transmitter. Although ur gonna get some static its great, Lets just say War of The Worlds on 6 subs is crazy! lol. Its a cool mod and EASY to do. let me know if u need some more help on how to do it

Old 07-13-2006, 12:42 AM

yes i would love some more help on how to do it
where could i go and get the stuff i need
about how much dose it cost?

dont have a hole lot left rite now i just put my 1/2 din dvd reciver and visor screens on layway

Old 07-13-2006, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

Alright well I got the full kit that had the mini stand when i got mine. Basically ur gonna take that. Put the little velcro circles on that and at the dash ABOUT where I have it in my picture. Next Place the stand there and ur gonna have to have the stand leaning up and u have to put a velcro cricle on the back to hold the tilting part in place so it doesnt move while driving. Then I put 2 things of velcro on the PSP and on the stand where the PSP sits. (this way when u hit the gas it wont go flying off the stand) U gotta go get a FM transmitter that was about 40 bux or so. I velcroed it on the back of the stand out of site so it looked like a decent install but u can just leave it lying in the dash if u want. Make sure u find the BEST reception for a station as possible. Then plug the Fm transmitter intot he PSP and turn it on. play ur movie or music!

Old 07-13-2006, 12:51 AM

thanks when i bought mine i didnt get the stand all it came with was the psp and the house charger i have a car charger dose walmart sell those stands?

I have the same radar dector as you to.