Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

rear speaker troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:25 PM
scodo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I put in new speakers any wala they work. kinda strange that just the back 2 speakers blew.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Beginning Member
OneLoudBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to the audio store and the guy i talked to said he owned a 97 blazer like mine and that they had alot of problems with it, he said im better off buyin a pair of nicer speakers for 50 dollars and just having them wire them in and i would hear alot better quality as aposed the the factory speakers, so i think ill go get two sets of speakers for 100 and get it all wired right =)

Old 03-08-2009, 01:07 AM
95blazerlt is on a distinguished road

put new speakers in the rear doors and it worked like a charm however take note, the depth of the plastic pods they sit in are minimal, keep that in mind when purchasing new speakers, i ended up going back to the store and exchanging the ones i bought for proper depth...

Old 03-10-2009, 02:19 PM
gdav is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question I'm about to remove the rear door speakers from my 94 Blazer but have never done it. How is it done? I don't want to break anything or the plastic cover on the inside of the door. thx

Old 03-10-2009, 04:05 PM
scodo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just pulled the panel around the bottom off and unbolted the arm rest. those bolts are located under the little plastic clip in the armrest itself. si i didnt take the panel off all the way just pulled it up halfway.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

i know i said i would pull off my doors and tell ya guys what i've found, but i have been being lazy so i will for sure check it out this weekend.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 AM
95blazerlt is on a distinguished road

when removing the door panel pry up one side, and be very carefull not to break the retaining pins, then make your way around the door prying carefully at the pin locations, also youll need a super small torx to unscrew your speaker from.. i used an allen key as i didnt have one small enough.. also 2 bolts in the arm rest (7/32). When installing the door panel back on i found it easier to unplug and pop out the power window switch and feed the wire through the hole, that way your not fumbling around with the panel trying to plug the switch back in. hope that helps...

Old 03-27-2009, 04:10 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Update: So, I said weeks (maybe even more) ago that I would check out why those rear speakers don't work, and heres my conclusion.

I found that it was the speakers that were causing the problem. I don't know why they don't work but they are dead. I hooked em' up to my home stereo to see if I could get any sound and nothin. Haha i was a little bored and I plugged em' up to a wall outlet too, but that was a let down too as they didn't do anything.

So, I guess get new speakers and you'll be good to go.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:08 AM
cide is an unknown quantity at this point

Same Problem,

My 1998 4x4 4DR Jimmy has never had a working Rear Left speaker, The rear Right cuts in and out a few times a week, The Drivers left works once or twice a week, Other than that nothing but the Front right speaker works, I thought it was the AC Delco Deck having an internal problem, so I installed an aftermarket HU yesterday, and the same problem still occured.

So today I am putting new speakers in, I hope they fit.

Got a pair of JL Audio for the front, and Alpine Type S for the back.

It says they are "Low mounting depth" whatever that means.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road

I pulled my rears out and but the stock connector off to get the speaker out, now i just have the white and red wires hanging out back there lol, can i just buy a real cheap pair and hook them up

Quick Reply: rear speaker troubleshooting